Monday, January 28, 2008

Our favorite Saturday-get-away place

This is Hoss, the official 'greeter' at the archery range Dear Hubby belongs to. It's a rare day that we approach the range without Hoss spotting us and running ahead of the truck so he can say hello when we get there. He lives with his owners at the last house we drive past before we reach the club. When I remember to stick one in my pocket before leaving our house, I give him one of Miss Chloe dog's doggy treats. He accompanies Dear Hubby on the first walk thru the course, then comes to bid me goodbye and wanders off down the gravel road towards home. I don't know if she ever came back, but one time I wrote about Hoss on my old blog -- we didn't know his name then and called him "Rex" because Dear Hubby said he looked like a Rex, ha! And what a small world we live in! The owner of Hoss happened to read my blog...how she stumbled across me I'll never know because she never answered the email I sent to her. But she read that particular entry and left a comment to tell me that the dog is "Hoss" and belongs to her. You could've knocked me off my chair with a feather, I was so surprised!

Dear Hubby with his newest longbow at the archery range. I am not a hunter but I love to go along and sit in the truck while he walks thru the course. He gets his chance to do something he loves doing...target shooting...and I get to do something I love to do and hardly ever find time to do any more -- READ! It is so peaceful there!




3 comments:

icanseeclearlynow said...

dear hubby looks handsome in his hunting gear. hoss looks like a friendly guy! glad you got some peaceful reading time in, krissy. that's the best!

:)

maria

Tammy said...

I'm finally getting a chance to come over and thank you for stopping by the other day! It is so nice to meet you, and it was fun to scroll through your posts!

We are practically neighbors! I am just west of Portland.

That is something that Hoss's owner found your blog!
This past year I posted my 3rd grade picture and talked about two of my old friends and wishing I knew what had become of them...and then one of them found me through it and we were able to get together this past summer! Amazing how the internet makes the world a bit smaller!

I've bookmarked you and I'll come back to visit again soon!
~Tammy

Jane Doh ! said...

I had no idea you had a digital camera Kris... I am so happy you do!!!!!( I have often wondered how I could sneak one off to you )Sure beats film....instant gratification...lol. Pic's look great.