Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tell me something I don't know!



Have I mentioned anything about my health lately? Did I tell you that my last biopsy came back clear and the pre-cancerous cells are all gone? Did I mention how relieved I was? Am? Probably not. Like everything else in this crazy-busy life of mine, it's gotten shoved to the back of my brain to pull out sometime when I have a minute to breathe and can sit and think on it. And one of those moments hasn't wormed its way into my schedule in the past few months. Oh well. But I am doing fine. My last blood test showed me to be right on the brink of full menopause which, in my book, is something to celebrate! And I was finally...blessedly...taken off the hormone drug I was taking ever since having my bad uterine hemorrhage a couple years ago. And now...no periods. Knock on wood. I don't want to jinx myself, but they do seem to be a thing of the past for me now. I have no problem with that. I never have understood women who feel "less a woman" without periods. Ugh. I can think of other things that illustrate femininity to me more pleasantly! But I've been at it for 43 years. It's one "friend" I'm glad to get rid of.


Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyy....


As my body has been adjusting itself to its hormoneless state I've been feeling like I look somewhere between a hippopotamus and a beached whale. Why, I don't know really because everything still fits as loosely as it always has. Maybe it's because I'm no longer exercising at the crazed pace I used to for years. Do I feel flabby? Maybe that's it? I dunno. Sigh. One thing I do notice at my age is belly-bloat. I feel like I'm carrying a half-inflated beach ball just south of my belt line. But I am so thankful to be off those drugs. I was talking to my daughter the other day, telling her that I'm finally beginning to feel like "me" again, that I don't have all that underlying tension and irritability that's plagued me the past couple years. I think...I hope...I was able to keep most of it below the surface and wasn't too unpleasant to be around. Usually I'd just go off and do something by myself if I felt too edgy. My Dear Hubby and daughter are both such easy-going people for the most part, I didn't feel my grumpy, growly moods needed to be taken out on them or anyone else for that matter. It's too bad we women can't go crawl in a cave and hibernate from the onset of perimenopause all the way thru to the end. But we can't.


After Dylan left for home, I took Chloe dog outside for her early evening potty walk and as we rounded the corner I came across the young woman who lives in the house there. She called out to me, "You've lost weight!" I think my jaw dropped to my knees because I was thinking right at that moment how BIG I felt, which I told her, that I was thinking I needed to cut back or something. But she said, "No, honestly! I was just talking to my husband on the phone and told him how it looks like you've lost weight. Your face is thinner!" I think at that moment I could've gone over to her and kissed her...but I restrained myself and thanked her and walked off down the street feeling 10 pounds lighter instead. Funny how a comment like that can make you feel like a new person, isn't it? Now, if I could only find a way to lose the belly-bloat I'd really be a happy camper.


My daughter-in-law had her check up yesterday and outside of being tired and having a lot of leg cramping, everything seems to be going along just fine with her pregnancy. She's at 28 weeks now and the size of the baby is measuring at 30 weeks, 2 days. He's going to be another big one, poor girl. Now that they know she's capable of having a 10 1/2 pound baby, they're monitoring the size of Cooper very closely. I'm not sure if they'll try to induce her early or take him by c-section but they don't want her going thru such a hard time during delivery like she did last time. Good grief, it's hard to believe it's only a couple months away. It seemed like it took Dylan forever to get here and it seems like we just heard she was pregnant with this one! Maybe it's because I'm so busy with Dylan himself now that the time's flying by faster than I can keep up with it.


As Bill O'Reilly is always saying, "If you send an email write something pithy if you want it read." Well, honestly...I have nothing pithy at all to say tonite. Nothing even fairly intelligible. Just more "boring and paltry" mind ramblings, as my critic once said a long time ago. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Shows you what I thought about his thoughts...I'm still here. And so is my boring and paltry life. And it's my boring and paltry life. And I'm happy with it.



8 comments:

Judy said...

My grand daughter is now five months old. I just cannot believe it. She already has four teeth.

SHE WAS JUST BORN!

I SOOOO hear you.

Marty said...

I recognized the message on the scale.

I used to have a big doctor's office type of scale that measured weight in the 1/32nd of a pound (it seems like.) I weighed myself several times a day in those days and I could almost hear it yelling "You're fat." I deep-sixed the scale when I emerged from a two-year chemical depression.

Jane Doh ! said...

Your life is neither paltry nor boring....it's LIFE and we love it Miss Kris!!!

Sleep tight ((((hug)))

Lisa said...

One more reason for me NOT to have a scale in this house. ;o)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that belly probably won't go away... It's a present from the menopause fairy! EEK!

So happy your tests came back good!

CJ said...

I love your "boring, paltry life" and I love your new blog! Wow, a wonderful post to boot. Can you tell me why you always make me feel so comforted and "not alone" in the world...hmmm (rehtorical question). Happy Birthday and Happy New Year

icanseeclearlynow said...

hi krissy! i'm glad to see you are cancer-free! and i'm happy to see that your daughter's pregancy is progressing well. you guys must be pretty excited about the new arrival!

:)

maria

Anonymous said...

Great news about your health!!! And that you are feeling more yourself...drugs are never without side effects it seems!! And congratuations on looking thinner...if not less weight..maybe your hairstyle is just perfect for you!! It is nice to arrive at such spots in life!

Elizabeth

Liz said...

I'm glad you're not fat: I certainly am! All my clothes are tight and uncomfortable. I've refused to weigh until I lose weight as I don't wnat to depress myself!!