Friday, May 9, 2008

Can you hear me now?

I was watching one of our local newscasts this evening and they had a segment on their "Problem Solvers" that I think hits a chord with all of us: trying to get to a human when you call a business. What is even more frustrating to me is listening to every number listed on their menu and never hearing anything on any of them that addresses my problem! I usually end up hanging up because, if it finally tells me to wait on the line and an operator will help me...they never come!


Here is a link to a website that is called "Dial a Human". It has instructions for getting you thru much more quickly to a 'real' person and a lot of the numbers will help you bypass the endless menus as well. As the "Problem Solver" reporter demonstrated several of them, she really got people. It works!

And, while I'm at it, I posted a link a while back to a site that will help you reduce the junk in your snail mail by a huge amount. Since I registered the names of all of us in our household, we rarely ever get any type of credit card solicitation, envelopes filled with 'pre-approved checks' an identity thief could have a heyday with, advertisements...all the stuff you either shred right away or toss in your recycling bin. I'm going to put the link to that right here and I strongly encourage you to try it out. You'll be amazed!

No comments: