Friday, June 27, 2008

Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies







Where do I remember that from? Childhood? Anyway, here's a Meme. Don't we all love memes? I do. I read this over at Jaggy's a day or so ago and told her I'd try to find time to do it. Well, now's the time. I'm making up for all the time I didn't have to write this week in one nite! But...oh my...how good it feels to D E C O M P R E S S !!!!!!


Are you happy with your given name? Yes. I was named after my Swedish paternal great-grandmother and my grandfather's sister.


What is your guaranteed weeping movie? The tail end of "Field of Dreams" where Kevin Costner asks his dad, "Do you want to have a catch?" Wipes me out every time.


What is the one thing you like to do alone? Read. And write. Sorry, that's 2 but I couldn't decide which.


Describe your bed. Queen-sized with a brass headboard and footboard. And like Jaggy said, "Neatly made."


What do you carry with you at all times? Identification.


How do you eat an apple? With my mouth!!


What kind of first impression do you think you give people? People always use "nice" when they describe me. I hate "nice". That's about as exciting as vanilla pudding.


What should you be doing instead of this? Going to bed. I've got a lot to do tomorrow.


Who was the last person who called you? My son at 5:15 this morning, letting me know he was already on the way over here to drop the grandbabies off early.


Are you ready? As ready as I'll ever be for anything.


What is the last gift you gave someone? A check for a birthday present.


Does everything happen for a reason? Yes.


What color is your bedroom? Kind of an aqua-y pale green.


Do you consider yourself to be a nice person? Everyone seems to think so.


What kind of watch do you wear? I have a cheap-o WalMart watch I bought for like $5.95 for everyday use only. I never wear it. I don't like watches.


What’s one car you will never buy? A Pacer!!!! Remember those?!?


Would you die to save the life of someone you dearly love? Absolutely.


What was the last thing you typed before this survey? A comment on someone's blog. I've been doing a lot of commenting tonite.


What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moments? I fidget with my fingers a lot.


Name ONE trait you hate in a person. Brown-nosing.


What’s one thing you’re a loser at? Learning how to play any of "The Sims". Ask my daughter!


When is the last time you made someone cry? My grandson Dylan. I gave him a swat when he took off running across the street today. My heart just about stopped, he scared me so badly!


Do you like the rain? LOVE it.


Who was the last person you talked to in person? My daughter. She just came in from work a little while ago.


What are your plans for the weekend? Grocery shopping and working in my flowerbeds.


How much money would it take for you to give up the internet for a year? A nickel. Sometimes I get just SICK of this thing.


How long have you known your best friend? 41 years.


What are you listening to? Emmylou Harris' "Stumble Into Grace"


What was the last thing you laughed at? My grandson Dylan.


What do you wish you were doing right now? Sleeping.


What musical instrument do you wish you could play? A piano. But I don't want to take lessons...I want to play good NOW!!!


What's the greatest thing that happened to you today? I got up!


What's on your bedroom floor right now? Besides furniture...a throw rug and a couple pairs of shoes.


What's currently bothering you? My back aches.


Are your toe nails painted pink? I am, at the age of 54, forever and always a tomboy. Girly-girl stuff and I don't speak the same language. Natural all the way for me.


Are you close with your mom? My mom passed away 19 years ago.


When were you last outside? About an hour ago when I put some recycling out on the back porch.


Look to your left. What is there? A fan, my printer, photos of my grandson Dylan, my son and daughter-in-law, and 3 of Dear Hubby's nephews, our built-in china closet, houseplants.


What time did you go to sleep last night? I tossed and turned a while but I think it was around 8:30.


Why did you kiss the last person you kissed? Because I can't resist sweet little baby necks to nuzzle!


What were you doing at 8 am? Feeding the birds out front with Dylan.


What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Writing on this...it's taking a long time!


Do you like your life as of now? I am truly blessed.


Last text message from? I wouldn't know how to text a message if my life depended on it!


Are you happy right now? I'd say 95% of the time. I'm a very positive person.


Do you wear the seatbelt in the car? Always!!


What are you going to do tomorrow? Didn't I already answer this about 20 questions ago???

3 comments:

Bridget Locke said...

Um, I voted in your poll, but it didn't except it. I think it's gone wonky. :(

Jaggy said...

I voted! and now I'm commenting!

Agreed about never buying a Pacer.

Good luck with your Sims and piano-playing skills. Those are two things I have down pretty well (ok, I'm good at killing Sims and selling their tombstones for money).

And YAY for making your bed. :)

Suburbia said...

A good read! I like the bit about the piano, I feel just the same!