Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Windows of Time


That seems to be what my life is made up of now, little windows of time here and there. I came on this morning to do some bill paying before those slip past me, and now a short entry. My grandsons will be arriving in an hour or so and I've got a shower to take, laundry to start, a bed to make, a dog to walk, and a house to child-proof for the day. I slept for 10 1/2 hours last nite...I know that's what's going to keep me going for the first week or two of transitioning back into my busy life. I had to have another dreaded 'procedure' on Monday and that really wiped me out. Otherwise, I think I'd be doing fine but I am so miserably uncomfortable that it's hard to push on at the moment. My body seems to be on a quest of its own to produce scar tissue at the site of my deep incision area and the doctor has to clip it away, then burn it. NO FUN! But my grandbabies are my joy. Once I have five minutes to myself to upload some current photos, I will. Right now, rest is my number one priority when I can find time for that!!
The washing machine is calling my name........

5 comments:

Mrs. Parks said...

OOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
I suggest wine before the 10 1/2 hours rest...
Enjoy the kids : )

Jane Doh ! said...

Thinking of you Kris and I agree with Mrs.Parks above...a glass of wine before bed..lol.

Suburbia said...

None of that sounds very restful. I hope you don't get too worn out with the little ones. Take care:)

Judy said...

My grand daughter started crawling this week.

And standing.

And shreiking at the top of her lungs if I leave the room.

Such fun! I adore her.

Mean Mom said...

I'm sorry that you are suffering at the moment. I hope that you had a good time with your grandsons.

It's my birthday (7th June) and I'm having a 1950s virtual birthday party. If you feel up to it and have the time, I hope that you will call in! Hope you are feeling better!