Friday, July 11, 2008

Talking to you all and feeling fine....

My blog entry about talking to myself was really meant to be tongue-in-cheek in a lot of ways but I do appreciate the lovely comments I got on it. The 'serious' part of it was when I referred to comments more than anything. I think I was giving out a not-so-subtle HINT to those who email me and say "Well, I know all about you up-to-date...then I realize you're not hearing anything about me unless I contact you!" Haha! But then, when you do write, I get these long, lovely, newsy emails full of all kinds of goodies so I guess I oughta hush my mouth and get over it, don'tcha know. In all truthfulness, I'm just happy to hear from you however best you feel comfortable doing it!

Some days I wonder if I'll ever get my life back to what it was before I began caring for my grandkids but I know the plan is for me to do this until they begin going to school so I know there is light at the end of the tunnel. My Dear Hubby's been on vacation part of this week and, after spending yesterday afternoon at home, he turned to me at one point and said, "I don't know how you do it!" It was one of those Cooper-teething - the tooth finally seems to have broken thru the gum! - and Dylan-trying-to-get-his-share-of-the-attention days. Just a tad bit crazy around here! But I have a blissfully blissful day off today. My daughter-in-law took the day off and has an out-of-town friend with her and the boys. I haven't done much...just grocery shopping and taking my time puttering around the house. And yet, when they're not here, I miss them. Having little kids around makes a house feel alive! Toys scattered everywhere get picked up at the end of the day. Peace descends on me around 4:30 or 5 in the afternoon. My daughter is home from work today with laryngitis and when she came out here in the living room and turned on the TV I told her I'd much rather just have it off. Quietness revives me spirit.

I'm reading a good book. I just read about 20 more pages of it while I was eating my lunch. It's called "Every Last Cuckoo" by Kate Maloy. She's a novelist who lives on the Oregon coast. Jean Auel of "Clan of the Cave Bear" fame also still lives in Oregon, I believe. As did Ken Kesey who wrote "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest". Oh...and one other writer who lives in Oregon? That would be me. Don'tcha know.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

What a cool blog. Easy to read (the older I get, the more important this is!). And another Oregon writer found me - yay, and thanks. All the best with your grandkids. I'm trying to write all I can before the next generation arrives in my family. :o)

Oh, and my uncle's rural property is next door to the place Ken Kesey owned - such interesting characters in this state, huh?