Saturday, August 16, 2008

For all my "sisters" of Hysterectomy

(Painting by Julia Wiskwo - - HERS Foundation Gallery)



Searching

I am searching through the rubble
for who I once was.
I've lost her.
Lost her.
And I don't know how to
find her,
to resurrect her.
I don't know where she went.
She was here
one day,
gone
the next.
She took an
uncharted
detour
and forgot to tell us
where
she was going.


I am searching through the rubble
for who I once was.
I don't know this
...stranger...
who's come in and
taken over.
Who seems to
assume
it's ok to take up
permanent
residency.
Who saps my energy
and
freezes thoughts
in my brain,
not letting them make it
to the light
of day.
Who wears me down
exhausts me.
Who makes me so tired
some days
all I want to do is
lie down
and
cry.



I am searching through the rubble
of what was once my life.
So much that I
took
for granted.
So much I didn't have
the foresight
to appreciate for
what
it was.
Something
wonderful
predictable
reliable.
I knew what to expect
as I rose up
to greet
a new day.
And now...
Now
I am searching through the rubble.





Written by MissKris
August 16th, 2008

1 comment:

Jane Doh ! said...

My neighbor had this done in her 30's and said it was the best thing ever. I am not so sure.... after 5 kids and having my tubes tied I feel only half a woman now...like I have lost my purpose.

This makes me cry :( I have been feeling soppy since Saturday though.

(((((((( hugs))))))))