Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pity Party



I bought the new Coldplay CD a week ago and I'm just now getting around to listening to it this morning. It's 4:30 am and I was up only half the nite last nite with the "side effects" of my medication instead of up most of the nite. The nite before I got up at midnite and just stayed up, it was such a rough nite and I didn't want to disturb Dear Hubby with my constant up-and-down-and-here-we-go-again routine. *Sigh* Oh well. Two more days and I'm DONE!!! If I never have another bladder infection it'll be too soon.


I have tomorrow off. The kids are taking a much-needed day off from work. I have the Monday of Labor Day weekend off. I can't believe it. I so rarely sleep in, but if I can manage to do it, I'm doing it tomorrow. Three weeks of my constant "side effects" and I am so exhausted. It's zapped me mentally as well. I haven't done much visiting to my regular Coffee Stops or written very regularly on here, either. Yesterday I had the babies from 5:30 in the morning until 5:15 last nite and by the time I got the dinner dishes washed, a load of laundry started, I crawled into bed around 6:45, I think it was.


There I go moaning and groaning again, ha! Oh well. Light at the end of the tunnel and all that, you know. One of my neighbors was battling breast cancer a few years ago and many was the nite her bedroom light was on while she burned the midnite oil, so nauseated and sick from her chemo and radiation she couldn't sleep. I'm sure my misery is nothing compared to what she underwent but it does take its toll. It sure gives you a new perspective on what people who are chronically ill or in pain must be undergoing. Once I get to feeling well again, I will never, ever take my usually-good health for granted. Never.


Now, aren't you glad you stopped by? Bet you never knew you'd end up at another one of my Pity Parties, did you?

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Like you said, at least you can see the light at the end of tunnel... and it's NOT a train! That's a good thing :-)

Judy said...

Hey, it's your blog and YOU get to decide what kind of party to have!

I'll keep coming!

Dori said...

I'd bring over coffee if I could. And maybe some cookies. What's a pity party without cookies?

Danielle Says Hello said...

I don't mind attending your pity parties because you certainly drop by and support me when I have mine (smile).

I am glad to hear that you are almost finished with the meds and will have a few days of 'you' time to get back to 'you'.