Thursday, September 4, 2008

Here, There, and Everywhere


I am just too tired to write this week. Instead, I'll leave you with this beautiful photo taken by a wonderful photographer who takes pictures all over Portland and posts them on his site called "Portland Ground". This one was taken from Mount Tabor Park where Dear Hubby and I went walking on Monday. It's above one of the reservoirs looking off to the west with downtown Portland and the West Hills in the background. This is not very high on the volcanic cone that forms Mount Tabor...basically at the start of our walk. I think the altitude at the top is something like 700-750 feet above sea level. There are 26 miles of trails, paved roads, bike trails, etc. that twist and turn and wind here, there, and everywhere. It's a beautiful place to walk and relax. I think we'll try walking it again on Saturday. We love going up there around 6 am, right around sunrise when we more or less have the park to ourselves. The sunrises coming up over Mt. Hood and the Cascades on the east side where the "Big Monster" is makes the agony of walking up that steep hill worth while. Believe me.
OK. No more writing. The dinner dishes beckon me and bed is sounding better all the time.

4 comments:

Mrs Parks said...

We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place :)

Lynda said...

What a gorgeous photo! And going to be DOES sound good right now, too!

Jane Doh ! said...

Beautiful Kris... I know Portland is my first stop if I ever get to visit outside of Utah...haha! What I have seen on the travel channel and cooking channels ( on the rare occasion that I actually watch TV ) I have fallen in love with the place. Especially because my favorite blogger resides there... I have to do it one of these days.

Almost Friday, sweet dreaming.

Melissa B. said...

This is just beautiful! If you have some time tomorrow, drop on by my place. We're playing the Silly Sunday Sweepstakes, and Sharing All That Caption Love!