I've had a LOT going on in my personal life this week and I'm too blah/tired/brain-fuzzy to write anything original -- again. So...as I've been doing recently when this happens, I'm resorting to my friend Jaggy's cache of Memes to at least post something. And these kind of delve into my psyche a bit so I guess you could at least say the answers are original, haha! Anyway...as if you wanted to learn more about me...here goes more Random Ramblings:
1. What bill do you hate paying the most? DISH Network. I find it horrendous we have to pay $70 a month just NOT to watch television. Outside of episodes of "Super Why" that I have recorded on the DVR for my grandson Dylan, I watch very little TV. Maybe I shouldn't say have to pay because we could have a cheaper package, I guess, but Dear Hubby likes watching hunting shows and those are on a more expensive one than basic. Whatever...TV should be FREE!! Like it was once upon a time!!
2. Where's the best place to eat a romantic dinner? Dear Hubby and I don't 'do' romantic dinners. Without the sense of taste, dinner isn't high on my 'to do' list. We enjoy going to Noho's every now and then because I can eat their food and not get sick. Because of a lot of eating disorder issues in my younger years, I've permanently affected my esophague/digestive system and have to be extremely careful of what I eat.
3. Last time you puked from drinking? 34 1/2 years ago, on my first - and blind - date with Dear Hubby. In our wild and woolly days.
4. Have you ever gotten drunk and danced on a bar? Nope.
5. Name of your first grade teacher? Mrs. McCleary.
6. What are you doing right now? Writing here and listening to my Discman.
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up? A published novelist.
8. How many colleges did you attend? Zero. Back when I graduated from high school in the early 1970s you could walk off the street and get a good job. I know that's true because it happened to me. Beyond that, my voracious reading appetite has taught me more than college ever could have.
9. Why did you get the shirt that you're wearing right now? It was cheap and I needed something cool for the warm weather at the time.
10. Gas prices? Beyond ridiculous. Criminal, actually.
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you where would you go? I'm perfectly content right where I am with Dear Hubby and all our family close by.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? "What day is it?"
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night? "I wonder how often I'll have to get up tonite?"
14. Favorite style of underwear? High-cut briefs.
15. Favorite style of underwear for the opposite sex? I have no favorites. Whatever's comfortable for the man, I guess
16. What errand/chore do you despise doing? GROCERY SHOPPING!!!!!
17. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer? I've done lots of volunteer work thru the years. I don't imagine that would change in the future, either.
18. Get up early or sleep in? Up early. I can't seem to sleep in much even when I have the opportunity, I've gotten up so early for years.
19. Breakfast this morning? A Veddy Cheddy bagel and a cup of coffee with Irish Creme creamer in it.
20. Favorite NON sexual thing to do at night with a girl/guy? Either talk or watch a movie.
.21. A secret that you wouldn't mind everyone knowing? Hmmmmmmmmmm.
22. When did you first start feeling old? The first time I was offered a Senior Citizen discount at the age of 35. Actually, I was more insulted than feeling old. I've had silvery hair since I was that age and I think it's awful that people assume you're 'old' just because you let your hair go natural. I'm sure there'd be a LOT of other women offered the Senior Discount if they went natural too. Age really isn't a vanity issue with me anyway. If it was, I would've begun coloring my hair 19 years ago, ha!
23. Favorite 80's movie? "Empire of the Sun" -- I think that came out in the 80s.
24. Your favorite lunch meat? I'm not picky, but I will NOT eat anything with pimentoes in it. I hate pimentoes. They make me gag!
25. What do you get every time you go into Costco/Sam's Club? Here in Portland it's just plain old WalMart and I get instant oatmeal for Dear Hubby.
26. Beach or Lake? The beach...definitely!
27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual that was invented by people who died at 20? No. Society has changed the 'rules' on that one and it's a pity. Look at all the messed-up kids in this world who have no idea who their dads are...who their moms are...who their parents are if they're being raised by grandparents who did believe in marriage.
28. Who do you stalk on MySpace? I never go to MySpace. Don't have a clue what it's like or how it works.
30. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about? "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". It's so sappy but I absolutely love that movie!!
31. What's your drink? CranApple or CranGrape juice. Or water, if none of that is handy.
32. Who from high school would you like to run into? No one from the high school I finally ended up graduating from -- I went to 6 schools from 7th grade on. But I'd love to come across anyone from my little hometown!
33. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now? KXL 750 AM because Dear Hubby's been driving my truck to work...better gas mileage.
34. What is a rumor that someone has spread about you? That I was a horrible snob in high school. Actually, I was just extremely shy and reserved. I think a lot of people like me are mistakenly 'assumed' to be snobbish when all we are is socially paralyzed.
35. Futurama or the Simpsons? I don't have a clue what "Futurama" is and I don't like the "Simpsons".
36. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back? I'd go back and redo the incident that caused one of my brothers to totally disown me for the past 16 years. Actually, I don't know how I could take it back. I chose to stay at the deathbed of a beloved aunt on Dear Hubby's side of the family who was more of a mother to me than my own was instead of going to my niece's wedding reception. She'd been married in Colorado and then had the reception here. That was unforgivable to my brother and he has never spoken to me since. In fact, he told my dad I'm no longer a part of the family as far as he's concerned. I guess what I'm saying is I wish he could forgive and understand the circumstances and not be so incredibly selfish. Ironically, that marriage ended only a few years later.
37. Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work? Those people would be my grandsons who I take care of all during the work week so I LOVE them. Aren't I lucky to have such a great job?!
38. If you could get away with it, who would you kill? Jaggy said this: "I wouldn't kill anyone. But I wish the end of life didn't have to be so hard for some... perhaps it is not the wish to kill but the desire to end suffering that would motivate me more," and that's the way I'd feel too, tho I could never take a life.
39. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? I dunno why but the first person who came to mind was Henry Kissinger! His intelligence has always intrigued me. Beyond that, if it pertains to anyone who is no longer on this Earth as well, I'd love to make it to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb with the Lord.
41. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended use? No, but I've doused an oven fire or two with boxes of Baking Soda!
42. Ever felt like running over a pedestrian? No. But I'd like to smack about a bazillion rude, crazy, and inconsiderate drivers and bicyclists who've almost struck and killed me and my grandsons when we're out walking!!!