Thursday, September 25, 2008

What are any of us but ashes dancing in the wind...

(Photo by my friend Leenie )

Once again we are grieving at our house. A beloved neighbor whom we've lived next door to for 26 years passed away in the early hours of yesterday morning. She'd put up a valiant battle against breast cancer and so many complications that were results of the radiation and chemo she'd undergone. But...finally...she'd had enough. She rested her head back on her pillow and peacefully slipped away. So...thank you, Dee, for being such a wonderful friend. You've left behind so many friends and family who already miss you dearly. You touched so many lives with your loving, giving heart. I'm sure the angels were happy to welcome you Home.

4 comments:

scargosun said...

Oh I am so sorry. You've had a rough year. I hope that she is now at peace.

Mrs Parks said...

I am so sorry, and as you know, ihatecancer.

~hug~

Anonymous said...

Partings on this sad ol earth are so hard!! I am sorry...and esp. in light of all going on in your life this year...well, snug up close to the FATHER, dear and keep hanging on!! One day there will be no more partings and I for one, look forward greatly to THAT DAY!!!
Elizabeth

Jane Doh ! said...

Sorry to read this Kris, sorry for her family. I just hope they can all find peace knowing that she is no longer suffering.