Friday, October 17, 2008

7

I've been tagged by Lynda to do the "7" meme, the one where I list seven random or weird things about me. I think I've done it twice in the past but they're both buried somewhere deep in my archives...in fact, I think one might even be over on my old blog. So I'll be a good sport and do it again because I'm sure I can come up with 7 more weird things about me without having to think too deeply about it. And I also like Lynda a lot, too, and she's a fairly new reader so I wouldn't want to disappoint her. So...here goes:

1. I have a lazy left eye and I hate having my photo taken because it causes me to look cross-eyed. At least that's the excuse I like to use. In reality, I just hate having my picture taken.

2. I have to have one of my legs sticking out from underneath the covers. I rest the leg on top of the covers. I can not fall asleep otherwise.

3. I hate belly buttons. And knowing that mine has been 'fiddled' with twice now with the two laproscopic surgeries I've had makes me so squeamish it makes my toes curl. I can NOT look inside to see if the incisions have healed. I have Dear Hubby do it.

4. I have to have our bedroom door open at nite if I want to have a good nite's sleep. I am horribly, horribly claustraphobic with the door shut. This hearkens back to when I was a little girl. We had several teenage boys stay at our home in the years that my parents were Foster Parents and I had to keep my door closed and locked from the inside with a little latch lock...for my safety, I know, but I had a terrible fear of the house catching fire and me burning up because I was locked in my room. In looking back, as big and as strong as my Dad was, he could've easily knocked my door down. But I didn't think about that back then. I was petrified of burning up alive.

5. I can blow big bubbles with regular chewing gum.

6. Even tho I have no taste buds that work any more, I still have to put pepper and ketchup on the foods I have always put them on, even tho I can't taste either one. It's strictly mental.

7. I eat cold cereal dry with a glass of milk on the side. I can not STAND soggy cereal.

And you thought maybe you were weird??!

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Wow - now aren't you interesting?? I hate having my photo taken, too. And, we always say sticking one foot out is a sure way to cool off when it's just too hot!

Melody-Jane Symonds said...

Those don't sound particularly weird to me. :)

jutka said...

I like you more and more! Thanks for your comment, yes JUTKA sounds like "Y" in Yahoo, and the "u" just like oo.
I'm new with this, and don't know how to follow you, so I can put you on my list. Can't find a place in your blog to do it. You're doing wonders with your blog!