I've been tagged by Lynda to do the "7" meme, the one where I list seven random or weird things about me. I think I've done it twice in the past but they're both buried somewhere deep in my archives...in fact, I think one might even be over on my old blog. So I'll be a good sport and do it again because I'm sure I can come up with 7 more weird things about me without having to think too deeply about it. And I also like Lynda a lot, too, and she's a fairly new reader so I wouldn't want to disappoint her. So...here goes:
1. I have a lazy left eye and I hate having my photo taken because it causes me to look cross-eyed. At least that's the excuse I like to use. In reality, I just hate having my picture taken.
2. I have to have one of my legs sticking out from underneath the covers. I rest the leg on top of the covers. I can not fall asleep otherwise.
3. I hate belly buttons. And knowing that mine has been 'fiddled' with twice now with the two laproscopic surgeries I've had makes me so squeamish it makes my toes curl. I can NOT look inside to see if the incisions have healed. I have Dear Hubby do it.
4. I have to have our bedroom door open at nite if I want to have a good nite's sleep. I am horribly, horribly claustraphobic with the door shut. This hearkens back to when I was a little girl. We had several teenage boys stay at our home in the years that my parents were Foster Parents and I had to keep my door closed and locked from the inside with a little latch lock...for my safety, I know, but I had a terrible fear of the house catching fire and me burning up because I was locked in my room. In looking back, as big and as strong as my Dad was, he could've easily knocked my door down. But I didn't think about that back then. I was petrified of burning up alive.
5. I can blow big bubbles with regular chewing gum.
6. Even tho I have no taste buds that work any more, I still have to put pepper and ketchup on the foods I have always put them on, even tho I can't taste either one. It's strictly mental.
7. I eat cold cereal dry with a glass of milk on the side. I can not STAND soggy cereal.
And you thought maybe you were weird??!