Sunday, October 5, 2008



I've seen this on some blogs I've browsed thru over the weekend and thought I'd give it a whirl. I believe it originated here so I want to make sure I give credit where the credit is due! Now, let me scratch my head, stare dumbly at my screen, and try to come up with a viable list as to why I rock:


I rock because I am not afraid to age gracefully in this paranoid-of-getting-old world. My hair is silver, my wrinkles more than noticable, my glasses the first thing I put on in the morning and the last things I take off at nite. Whatever sags and bags...oh well.


I rock because I'm a stay-at-home Grandma, giving my two grandsons as much love and security as I gave my own two kids.


I rock because I'm a great listener.


I rock because I love unconditionally.


I rock because I'm not afraid to tell you when I've made a mistake.


I rock because I'm not afraid to tell you I'm sorry.


I rock because what I appear to be is who I am.


I rock because I've been married to a man who is my best friend for 34 years.


I rock because our two adult children have grown up to be two of our best friends.


I rock because I'm not ashamed of being a Christian.


I rock because, if you want my honest opinion, I'll give it to you.


I rock because I don't anger easily and I try to make peace when I am.


I rock because I care.


I rock because I try to keep an open mind.


I rock because I try to brighten every corner of my life.


I rock because I'm never too old to learn.


My daughter said to add this one: I rock because I have a green thumb!


She also said to add this: I rock because I give great advice.


I rock because I feed the birds outside my window year-round. I tell my two-year-old grandson we're feeding God's creatures. Which we are.


I rock because I'm a great caregiver for those who are terminally ill -- at least on a personal level.


I rock because I appreciate daily what a precious gift Life is and I try to remember to thank God for it every day.

2 comments:

Danielle Says Hello said...

You definitely do ROCK!!!!! Hope you are having an awesome day.

Mrs Parks said...

You just rock because you rock sister!