Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Why look like today's anorexic young celebrities when I look more like THIS?

Emmylou Harris, shown here with Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits, is my role model. 61 years old. Gorgeous. Silver-haired and not afraid to flaunt it. Like me, she began going silver at an early age. And she's at a healthy-looking weight. After going thru the frustration of growing my hair out this past year, mine is finally not much shorter than hers. Dear Hubby loves it. I am content with who I am.

8 comments:

Lynda said...

EmmyLou is gorgeous - bet you are, too!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I don't mind the silver, I wish I would go completely silver.

Mrs Parks said...

I love silver hair.
My Dad had the most beautiful silver hair.
I hope I get it someday : )

Dori said...

I love Ms. EmmyLou! Such an amazing voice.

I've been gray since highschool. I stopped coloring in the past several years--too much to keep up with with little ones running around. However, somehow I just received an AARP membership letter--I'm 36! We'll be breaking out the Nice-N-Easy this weekend!

Oh, and I just saw I made your "Favorite Coffee Stops"! You're so sweet. You know I always have coffee brewing!

scargosun said...

I am going to try REALLY hard to let mine go it's natural course. I am just starting to get a few silvery hairs so I am not sure exactly how long it will take.

Melissa B. said...

I'm a fan of both Emmy Lou & Mark. I think you hit this nail right on the proverbial head. Thanks so much!

Lynette said...

Did you go to see Emmylou's concert at the zoo this summer? It was so great. She's outta sight amazing! And Mark Knopfler--what a guitar genius.

And I agree 100% with your post about giving it all to the Lord--that's the only way we ought to live, with his loving support.

Amydeanne said...

i've been going grey since about 25ish, so i hear ya.. it's hard to just let it go though lol not sure mine would turn out quite so lovely!