Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Day Late...story of my life

I like Patrick's blog. It gives you fun things like these to answer. And I do love to answer questions. My Dear Hubby calls me the Shell Answer Person. I think you have to be old enough to remember the Shell Answer Man, but I digress. Here we go with Patrick's questions from yesterday:

1. In your own blog, are you more likely to discuss personal relationships, religion or politics? Well, I kind of wander all over the map on that one but I'd say I stick mostly to my every day life. I touch on politics tongue-in-cheek because I don't like to go to other blogs and read others' views. Like my Grandpa once told me, "Kristine, there are two things you don't talk about. Politics and religion." Tho I do talk about religion, but only from my own personal perspective of my own faith in my own life. I feel the same way about it in visiting blogs as I do about politics...I don't like to be told how to vote and I don't like to be 'preached' at.

2. If you needed a “tagline” or sub-title for your blog, what would you use to describe your blog? "Enter at your own risk!"

3. You notice that a close “blog buddy” of yours has suddenly removed the link to your blog from his or her website. Do you contact that person to ask why you’re no longer linked, or ignore it? I ignore it. Honestly, I don't even look to see if I'm in someone's blog roll or not. The ones I've noticed have been accidental on my part. As for those on mine, I habitually do really dumb techie things and delete things accidentally. I did that with my blog roll recently. So if you were on mine and you're no longer there and you want to be put back on, let me know. I put the ones that are on there now strictly from memory. And the old brain cells ain't what they used to be.

4. Take the quiz: What Kind of Blogger Are You?

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary.
If it happens, you blog it. And you make it as entertaining as possible.
You may be guilty of over-sharing a bit on your blog, but you can't help it.
Your life is truly an open book. Or in this case, an open blog!
What Kind of Blogger Are You?


5. If there was no such thing as feed readers, or the sites that allow you keep up with multiple blogs at once, and the only way for you to actually keep up with your blogging friends was to actually go to their own individual blog every time, how many blogs do you think you would seriously read regularly? Before blog rolls, I never figured out how to do the feeds. So I kept links in my sidebar. I must say it's nice being able to see now if they've posted recently or not...I don't have much computer time and it helps me 'visit' a little more regularly than I would otherwise.

6. If you learned that each of the following people had been secretly reading your blog for a while now, which one would make you want to look back through your content to see if any apologies might be necessary: your parents, your children, your best friend, your pastor, your boss, or your worst enemy? Maybe a former boy friend from a million years ago. I think I mentioned him in a not-very-flattering-way in a long ago post that I wrote about my childhood sweetheart...it's a complicated story as to how the two of them ended up in the same post, but it was on my old blog and written when I first began blogging and I'm not even sure what I said now, it's been so long and so many words ago. As to everyone else listed, my parents are both dead now. My kids -- at least my daughter -- read my blog. My best friend does, too. I'm my own boss. I'm not sure who my worst enemy is because I try to live peaceably with everyone. And my pastor? If he was reading secretly? Since we don't know each other well in 'real life' I'm sure he'd be pretty well-acquainted with me by now!

1 comment: