Thursday, November 27, 2008

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. ~ Meister Eckhart

I've used that quote before, but isn't it the truth? We have a busy day ahead of us...dinner over at our son's house...but I wanted to come on here and wish anyone who passes my way a very blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. As we watch the news today, with all the horror coming out of Mumbai and having friends near and dear to our heart who are in the thick of it all...well, it's a rather somber day for many of us. But God knows the outcome of it all. He knows where they are. And we have to have the faith to believe He'll bring them thru.

Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. And lo, no one was there. ~ Author Unknown

9 comments:

Liz said...

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving, kris!

The Dotterel said...

Indeed we do!

Shelby said...

Thanks for visiting me this morning.. I am watching intently the news today overseas. Take care.

Lynette said...

You're so right. Thank you for reminding us. Mama and I hope your friends are safe. Mama enjoyed her hug!

Lynda said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! And blessings throughout the holiday season.

Melissa B. said...

Well, I'm stuffed. And so glad I didn't leave my pjs today! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Danielle Says Hello said...

I hope you were able to enjoy your Thanksgiving and the food was delicious!!!! Thinking of you and saying a prayer for your friends.

Mike S said...

Hope your day was as nice as was ours. I'll say a few extra words for your friends. We have friends who live there and were supposed to attend a dinner at the Taj. They were fortunate to not have arrived when the trouble started. Very disturbing business indeed.

imbeingheldhostage said...

Beautiful and that quote is perfect! I actually considered it, but was feeling the need have a goofy post instead of one with substance :-)
I hope you had a great Tday!