Sunday, December 28, 2008

After Christmas Memes

Got this at Patrick's Place:

1. How many members of your family not living with you did you see on Christmas Day? None

2. When spending time with family, how long after you arrive do you begin to feel “antsy” about being there too long? Well, outside of spending Christmas with my kids and grandkids, I've been ready to head home before I even leave my own home!

3. Is your family more likely to have pleasant discussions or heated arguments during a big meal? Do you join in or quietly listen in? With my siblings/family, let's just say very "opinionated" discussions. It's much more peaceful in Dear Hubby's family.

4. Take the quiz: How Do You Really Feel About Your Family? I took it and I think I'll not post the results, in case they incriminate me.

5. Consider the family member whose views are most opposite of your own: If your friends or co-workers met the person, what single topic would probably be the source of the most embarrassment for you if your friends heard that person talking? RELIGION!!!!!

6. Did you get everything you wanted for Christmas? What one thing that you didn’t get would you like to have received? I always love what I receive and I can't think of anything else I would've wanted.

And I got this one at Sara's:

THINGS TO DO BEFORE MY PARENTS ARRIVE:

Both of my parents are deceased.

7 THINGS I'VE BEEN DOING INSTEAD OF PREPARING FOR CHRISTMAS:

1. Procrastinating

2. Taking care of the grandkids 10-12 hours per work day

3. Snowbound

4. Watching "It's a Wonderful Life"

5. Thinking about getting the Christmas cards done

6. Fighting a cold

7. Getting tired of bad news about friends and loved ones - an uncle is very ill, a neighbor had a fire in his house a couple days before Christmas, and the wife of one of Dear Hubby's co-workers whom we'd known for years passed away the nite after Christmas

7 THINGS I DIDN'T DO THIS CHRISTMAS:

1. Get my Christmas cards written

2. Do any baking or fancy cooking -- it was pizza and finger foods Christmas Eve!

3. Visit anyone for the first time in 34 years of marriage on Christmas Day!

4. Stress about anything -- I know I mentioned my cards, but I sure didn't stress about them!!

5. Get up at the crack of dawn to visit family

6. Go outside. I was fighting a cold and it was freezing outside.

7. Feel Guilty for enjoying Christmas as simply as possible this year

7 CHRISTMAS WISHES:

1. All family members were safe

2. Everyone liked their gifts

3. Time to relax

4. Some time on the computer without feeling rushed

5. Time to read some of a book I've been wanting to get to

6. Feeling better

7. Getting thru Christmas without going in to debt

7 THINGS I SAID AS CHRISTMAS APPROACHED:

1. I hope the roads are passable on Saturday so I can do my Christmas shopping!

2. Santa will be coming to your house!

3. I need to thaw the hummingbird feeder again

4. I LOVE our neighbors!

5. I really, really need to do my Christmas cards

6. I'm not going to find the time to do the cards

7. Oh well...I'll save these cards and send them out next year


7 FAMOUS PEOPLE I'D INVITE FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER:

1. Jesus -- because there'd be no Christmas without Him

2. Handel -- because he wrote some of the most powerful, sacred Christmas music ever

3. Andrea Bocelli -- because I'd love to hear him sing Christmas songs

4. Billy Graham -- because he's so fascinating

5. The Whites/Ricky Scaggs -- because I'd like some great bluegrass Christmas music as well

6. The Apostle Peter -- because he's my favorite person in the Bible

7. George Winston -- because I'd like him to play background music while the rest of us dine


7 FAVORITE FESTIVE FOODS:

1. Honey Baked Ham

2. Pumpkin pie

3. Apple pie

4. Barber pole peppermint sticks

5. Hickory Farm Sausage

6. Hickory Farm Cheese

7. Roast turkey

2 comments:

Alaine said...

That's a fun one :) I'll be "borrowing" this from you.


Alaine

Blog Stalker said...

Great post and meme! Of course ending wiht the food just made me hungrey....AGAIN!

Have a great day!