Sunday, December 14, 2008

Stormy Sunday



There are a lot of these little fellows and ladies out at my feeders this morning. Well, out in the tree where the feeders are hanging before dropping down and pecking at all the seeds that have fallen from the house sparrows' feasting above them. I don't know how well-known or widespread this particular little bird is around the country, but this is a Juncoe and is here in the NW during the winter months. They're ground feeders. My hummingbird feeder fell apart this morning when I went out to take it out of the tree so I could clean and refill it. Dear Hubby really must love me because he was kind enough to drive in almost blizzardlike conditions to Fred Meyer so I could pick up another one. I couldn't bear to watch the little Anna's sitting out on the limbs waiting to be fed.


I found these random questions over at Lynda's this morning and thought I'd do them while I'm sitting here listening to music and drinking coffee. I still don't feel like doing Christmas cards:


1. Do you like cheese? My favorite is Provolone but I like just about every cheese except Limburger and the kind with green olives and pimentoes in it. I HATE pimentoes. Green olives, too, for that matter.

2. Have you ever smoked? Only one cigarette when I was around 13 or 14 and smoked one when I was babysitting at a neighbor's house.

3. Do you own a gun? I do not own a gun.

4. Do you like listening to Christmas music? At church during the Christmas season. I love "Angels We Have Heard on High", "O Holy Night", "Unto Us a Child is Born", and Handel's "Halleljuah" chorus are particular favorites.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No. The past couple of years my doctors' offices have been my second and third homes.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? I used to like them when I could taste them and before they'd cause my gall bladder to get grouchy.

7. Favorite Christmas song for all time? Well, I named a few up above but a couple more that came to mind are "Do You Hear What I Hear?" and "The Little Drummer Boy"

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee with Irish Creme creamer.

9. Can you do push ups? From Dairy Queen? Or in a gym? I don't eat ice cream novelties but I can still do a few push ups otherwise.

10. Who is your favorite Grey's Anatomy Character? I've never watched that show.

11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? I don't wear jewelry, not even a wedding ring.

12. Favorite hobby? Gardening.

13. Do you eat "exotic" foods? I've had a lot of different wild game. I've eaten rattlesnake and frog's legs, too.

14. Do you have A.D.D.? No. Scatterbrain Syndrome...oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh.

15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? Irritability when I'm overwhelmed.

16. Middle Name? Ann

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? I hate organ solos. I wonder if the deer roast in the crockpot will be ready to eat after church? It sure is snowing hard!

18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday? A Tonka fire truck, a stone duck, and military boots.

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Coffee, water, and Cranberry juices with either grape or apple juice in it.

20. Current worry right now? That all our loved ones are in off the roads.

21. Current hate? Thieves

22. Favorite place to be? HOME!

23. How did you bring in the New Year? Stayed home. We always stay in on New Year's.

24. Where would you like to go? Camping on "our hill" in central Oregon next summer.

25. Name three people who will complete this? Only myself. I'm not asking anyone else to do it unless they want to.

26. Do you own flip flops? No

27. What shirt are you wearing? A turtleneck with a sweatshirt over it...it's COLD here!

28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I never have and have no desire to.

29. Can you whistle? Quite well, actually!

30. Favorite color? Cerulean Blue

31. Would you be a pirate? Nope.

32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't have time to sing in the shower since I take very quick showers. I do what needs to get done and I'm outta there.

33. Favorite girl's name? Kaitlin, which is what I named my daughter.

34. Favorite boy's name? Michael

35. What's in your pocket right now? My 4-Way nasal spray.

36. Last thing that made you laugh? The antics of my grandsons.

37. Best bed sheets as a child? Ours were always white cotton

38. Worst injury you've ever had? Whiplash from a car accident almost 30 years ago.

39. Do you love where you live? Yes.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 3

41. Who is your loudest friend? My friends are not loud for the most part. But my best friend Lizzee and I had some pretty crazy moments when we were teens.

42. How many dogs do you have? Only 1. Chloe dog would NEVER allow another one in the house.
43. Does someone have a crush on you? Dear Hubby is still in love with me after 34 years together. Imagine that!

44. Do you get embarrassed easily? Not at all.

45. What is your favorite book? Probably "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn". I've lost track of how many times I've read it in my lifetime.

46. What is your favorite candy? I don't eat candy hardly ever but it used to be chocolate MnM's.

47. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince theme song? No, but I can still remember the original "Mickey Mouse Club" song!

48. What song do you want played at your funeral? "Victory in Jesus"

49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Sleeping
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? I wonder if it's snowing?

1 comment:

Judy said...

This one looks like fun!

We get Juncoes here in the winter also. I LOVE them. So pretty in the snow.