Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What We Leave Behind

I had a rather surreal experience yesterday. What did we receive in the mail but a Christmas card from a couple we know...the one where the wife died unexpectedly the nite after Christmas. To open it up and see Sheila's handwriting there, so fresh and dark and bold, knowing she's already gone from this world. Well...it sure made me stop and think. My Mom's been gone almost 20 years, my Dad almost 3, and every now and then I'll come across something in their handwriting. You'd think, especially with my Mom gone so long now, that it wouldn't twist a little knot when I see it unexpectedly. But it does. It does.

3 comments:

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

I'm sure that know will always be there..but perhaps the tightens will lessen a little..

FFF x

Lynda said...

I know exactly what you mean... I love my cards I have kept from my grandmothers.

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

Please Pop over to my new years eve post...you may like it...