Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Winter Weariness


I only had a few minutes on the computer this morning before my son arrived with the grandboys around 5:20 this morning. I hadn't even gotten Chloe dog out for her potty walk yet...to say I wasn't quite prepared when they arrived is an understatement. Good thing I got up at 4 instead of 4:15 is all I can say or I would've still been in my niteshirt and bathrobe!


Well, enough about that. What I was going to say before I distracted myself was that, in the short span of time I was on here, I fired off 4 very short and sweet emails to some internet friends I haven't heard from in a long time...just "I haven't heard from you in like forever!! Are you still there??" And I got responses from 3 of them, which really warmed my heart. You see, not only has my blog writing been suffering but so has my emailing. My Inbox has been pretty empty because I think people have given up on me. Not that I can blame them. I got one from a friend - the mom of my childhood best friend whom I've known since I was 7 years old - asking me if she'd done something to make me mad, she hadn't heard from me in so long. Boy, if that didn't make me feel about an inch high I don't know what could. How did I ever get so far behind?! One of the friends who responded told me she can hear the 'fatigue' in my 'voice' lately. Does it really come thru that much? I must be about as exciting as warm milk to read. Even I can sense that. Dear Hubby's been getting very concerned about the long hours I'm having with the boys...13 1/2 yesterday...and is afraid something else in my health is going to give out if I don't start getting more rest. Well, it isn't like I'm totally exhausted by it all. It's just a matter of having absolutely no time for myself. I get up at 4 - 4:15. The boys usually arrive at 5:30. And I have them 'til 5 most evenings. Close to it, anyway. And sometimes until 6 or later. I go to bed between 7 - 7:30. If you can tell me how to fit blogging and emailing and reading and gardening and home stuff like painting house trim and porches and outside steps into that schedule -- well, let me tell you, you'll be my new best friend!


Right now...I'm heading for bed.


8 comments:

Lynda said...

Goodness, girl... get some rest! You're putting in "mom" hours, not grandma hours - no wonder you're tired. Of course, I am sure it's worth every minute.

Donna said...

I know the feeling; I babysat my two granddaughters for a couple of years there, and although they weren't a problem, I missed my alone time. When you have the grands every day, you don't enjoy them as much. It starts to become more of a job instead of a joy.

And of course, most people tend to get depressed in winter. That may be part of the cause of your current state of mind.

Melissa B. said...

You had an early start to your day...and I know those grandbabies can be exhausting! BTW, I'm a finalist for a Pretty Neat Blog Award. Sure would appreciate your vote! Please come by to see me to get the details. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I am a new follower of your blog. I ran across it and decided to follow because we could have identical profiles, lol. 50 something- young at heart -etc. Anyway we are at the same stage of life and I relate and am so glad to have found your blog.

Linda said...

sorry I am not the anonymous- I accidentally posted as. I call it chemo brain fuzz!

Judy said...

I don't know how you do it.

I'm tired, but I do not have my grandkids for nearly that long.

jutka said...

Oh, I remember those years very well when my grandkids were small!
Believe it or not, now I miss it!
Take care of yourself by all means!

Greta said...

Hi, I still check up on you, but I'm tired these days too. Still in the "will write more later" mode.