Thursday, January 1, 2009

5 Things You Want Your Kids to Know Before They Grow Up

( Photo found here)




1. Don't ever be afraid to admit you're wrong. People will be so shocked at your honesty and willingness to take the blame, you'll win their respect.


2. Live within your means. Honestly, no one is as interested in what you have except you. They're too busy admiring their own stuff.


3. Take time for solitude. You'll never truly learn to know yourself until you spend time alone with yourself.


4. Don't take anything at face value. There are two sides to every story. Because of this, don't be quick to judge.


5. Don't forget where home is. No matter how old you are, you're still someone's child.


3 comments:

Lynette said...

MissKriss, thanks for stopping by to look and comment. I really like the 5 Things--they're pertinent to everyone's life, very much so!

Bridget Locke said...

And they were things you taught me. :) Thank you for that. :) Love you!

Lynette said...

Mama and I were sitting at the kitchen table, playing Scrabble, when I looked out the window right before 1 a.m. and got quite a shock. It was beautiful, falling so heavily and swiftly. I had taken Duncan out around 11 p.m. in the downpour--he wouldn't do a thing! So, I took a break from Scrabble and took him out, figuring the snow wouldn't bother him as much. He was a good dog, and I then took him inside and returned outdoors to take some more photos. I'll post them soon!

I wondered if anyone I knew was awake and if it would all be gone at sunrise. Neat that you were able to appreciate it.