Wednesday, January 14, 2009

99...99...99



1. Started your own blog. Yes.
2. Slept under the stars. Many times.
3. Played in a band. Nope. I wanted to play drums and girls weren't allowed to when I was in 5th grade back around 1965.
4. Visited Hawaii. No, and I have never had any desire to go there.
5. Watched a meteor shower. Well, I dunno if it was a meteor shower, but one time while camping in central Oregon's high desert country, the sky seemed to be filled with shooting stars!
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Not more than I can afford, but I try to give whenever I see a need.
7. Been to Disneyland/World. Just to Disneyland, twice.
8. Climbed a mountain. I climb "Mt. Tabor" on a regular basis!
9. Held a praying mantis. I've never even SEEN a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo. In the shower. But I make up lullabies for my grandbabies all the time and sing to them.
11. Bungee jumped. You're kidding, right?!
12. Visited Paris. No, and like with Hawaii, I have no desire to go there, either. How boring am I?!
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. Only from the seashore.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Yes, ceramics.
15. Adopted a child. No, but tons of them adopted me when I worked for the public school system.
16. Had food poisoning. More times than I care to think about.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. No, but I've climbed to the top of the Astoria Column many times. Does that count?
18. Grown your own vegetables. Yes, and canned them, too.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. No.
20. Slept on an overnight train. No.
21. Had a pillow fight. Dylan, my daughter, and I had one just the other day!
22. Hitch hiked. Yes. The first time was on Moratorium Day back in 1970, I think it was. With 3 guys I'd never met before in my life. WHAT was I THINKING?!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. Before I was a Christian and had no trouble lying...yes.
24. Built a snow fort. Yes.
25. Held a lamb. No.
26. Gone skinny dipping. In my wild and woolly youth, yes.
27. Run a marathon. No, but I was very good at track in junior high school and once broke a national junior high record with 3 other girls for the 440 relay.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. No, and from what someone told me about the smells of Venice's canals, I have no desire to go THERE, either.
29. Seen a total eclipse. Yes. Two solar eclipses and at least a few lunar ones, too.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Countless times.
31. Hit a home run. Yes...tons of them. I had 3 brothers and more boys than I can remember in our neighborhood growing up. I was quite the tomboy.
32. Been on a cruise. No, and from all the mysterious murders there have been on them the past few years, as well as attacks from sea pirates, I have no desire to go on any. Plus all the mysterious viruses too. Plus all the socializing. When I go on vacation, I go to get AWAY from people.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. Never.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. No, but I'd love to someday.
35. Seen an Amish community. Nope.
36. Taught yourself a new language. No, but I have a very good ear for languages and can pick up words very quickly.
37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied. Hmmmm...that's a tough one. I've never had a lot of money any time in my life, but I'm very content just the way I am.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. No. Sheeeeeeesh...my younger brother should be doing this one. He could answer yes to just about all these travel questions.
39. Gone rock climbing. Never, never, and NEVER!
40. Seen Michaelangelo’s David in person. Just my younger brother's photos of it.
41. Sung Karaoke. Isn't that usually done in bars? I haven't been in a bar for 32 years.
42. Seen Old Faithful Geyser erupt. Do travelogues or "Nature" on PBS count?
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. No but we've had countless merchant seamen from all over the world into our home in years past thru our church's Merchant Seamen ministry.
44. Visited Africa. No, but, again, Little Brother has. 3 times, I think it is now.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. Yes!
46. Been transported in an ambulance. Yes, much to my embarrassment.
47. Had your portrait painted. No.
48. Gone deep sea fishing. One uppy-chucky...two uppy-chucky...
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. *Sigh*...again, that's another one for Little Brother.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. That's one my sister-in-law sat out on, but Little Brother's been to the top of that, too.
51. Gone scuba diving. No, and won't do that any sooner than I'll rock climb
52. Kissed in the rain. Yes,and I once kissed a boy I'd just met in the snow, too. Minneapolis, 1973. Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa!
53. Played in the mud. I didn't grow up in the Olympic Rain Forest area for nothing, you know.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. I've lost count of how many times. I wish they'd come back!!!
55. Been in a movie. No, but a neighbor boy who's like another son to me was in "Free Willy" years ago. It was shot in Astoria, Oregon, for the most part, I believe.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China. Well, glory be! Finally somewhere Little Brother hasn't been to yet!
57. Started a business. No way.
58. Taken a martial arts class. No but I wouldn't mind doing it sometime.
59. Visited Russia. Another place he hasn't been to, and neither have I!
60. Served in a soup kitchen. No.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. No. I never made it past my very first Brownies meeting. I'm not a joiner.
62. Gone whale watching. No, but every time I go to the coast I look for them if we're on high bluffs.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. Yes.
64. Donated blood. No.
65. Gone sky diving. Let's just say I like being alive with my feet planted firmly on the ground.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. Me, no. Little Brother, yes...Auschwitz.
67. Bounced a cheque. Only a few times.
68. Flown in a helicopter. No, but Dear Hubby has.
69. Saved a favourite childhood toy. Yes, my super-sized Raggedy Andy doll that my kids pretty much destroyed. I still have my paper doll collection, and it's in remarkably good condition.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. Nope.
71. Eaten Caviar. No, but I've eaten frog's legs, rattlesnake, antelope, moose, deer, and elk.
72. Pieced a quilt. No. Sewing is probably my weakest area. Because I'm left-handed, I had a tyrant of a Home Ec teacher who ridiculed everything I made because I did stuff "backwards". It took all the joy out of creating stuff.
73. Stood in Times Square. No. Good grief, when are you going to ask me somewhere I HAVE been? Oh yeah...Disneyland.
74. Toured the Everglades. No.
75. Been fired from a job. Once, and it totally devastated me.
76. Seen the changing of the guard in London. What do you think?!
77. Broken a bone. Yes...two toes and the bones along the outside of my left foot.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. I wouldn't say speeding, exactly, but Dear Hubby could sure rev up the RPM's on HIS every now and then on an open stretch of road!
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. YAWN......
80. Published a book. No, but I had a poem published and I've written Sunday School curriculum for Primary aged kids. Also a song and play used for a Christmas program many years ago.
81. Visited the Vatican. No, and I have no desire to.
82. Bought a brand new car. We leased a new truck once.
83. Walked in Jerusalem. Now, THERE is somewhere I'd love to walk!
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. Now, how strange is this?? Yes, on the Moratorium Day I hitchhiked back around 1970, my photo was in the local paper taken at the Draft Board. All you saw was my back but it was me, all right.
85. Read the entire Bible. Yes, at least 8 times, I believe it is.
86. Visited the White House. No.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. For any animal lovers who might read this, I will just say I am not squeamish.
88. Had chickenpox. Yes, but I was so little when I had them I don't remember it.
89. Saved someone’s life. Yes, my grandson Dylan's when he choked on a chunk of apple, I think it was. When my daughter reads this, she'll remember.
90. Sat on a jury. Several times. I even served on Grand Jury for a month several years ago. Now, THAT was a fascinating experience!
91. Met someone famous. No, but I saw George Harrison of the Beatles at the Portland Airport in 1965.
92. Joined a Book Club. Yes.
93. Lost a loved one. Many, but the hardest have been both my parents and an aunt who was very, very dear to me.
94. Had a baby. Two of my own, and many I've taken under my wing thru the years.
95. Seen the Alamo in person. Nope. Never been to Texas.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake. No.
97. Been involved in a law suit. No, thank the Good Lord.
98. Owned a cell phone. Yes, but I hardly ever use it and hardly KNOW how to use it.
99. Been stung by a bee. Yes. Quite a few when I was younger, but since I've become very interested in gardening, I've learned how to coexist with them and they and I work very peaceably together in the flowerbeds. In fact, I harvest Mason Bees.

3 comments:

Bridget Locke said...

It was a pickle, actually. :)


And your One up-chucky, two up-chucky comment caused me to snort juice up my nose. Thanks! :P

jdearing said...

How funny!!

Greta said...

Tell me more about #43, the Merchant Seamen ministry.

Regarding the Sunday School curriculum, did it get published? What company?