Thursday, January 8, 2009

As if I need anything more to distract me...



It's all her fault...my daughter's. She suggested I start a Facebook acccount. Which I did. After stumbling and bumbling my way around the past day or so I think I'm kind of...sort of...well, not really...getting the hang of it. My trouble is, even tho I 'know' a lot of people from all over in 55 years on this earth -- how many do I want to 'find'? Or even establish contact with any more? People do a lot of changing, myself included, in a lifetime. Just because I had everything in common with someone at the age of 15 doesn't necessarily mean I'd have even one thing in common with them now. But we shall see where it all goes from here. One thing I do like about it is it keeps me updated on Friends I truly do love. I'm actually reading something they've written or is currently happening in their lives! Blogging is a very one-sided way of communicating, I've found out. And it's so hard to email friends or family who read here all the time because what I'd be writing to them in an email is something they've already read here. Unless it's something really private. But oh well... So...if any of you who aren't already a Friend to me on Facebook and would like to be, contact me at the email in my Profile and we'll see if we can't get connected.


Our household has been full of sickness and injury the past couple of weeks. Dear Hubby severely strained a muscle in his lower back at work and has been hobbling around and visiting his chiropractor. He's much improved, thank goodness, and may go back to work tomorrow if his doctor releases him after seeing him later this morning. Dylan and Cooper have been fighting colds since Christmas. Our daughter has been very sick with asthmatic bronchitis. And now Dear Hubby is coming down with some kind of cold. At least...so far, fingers' crossed, 2009 is starting out uneventful for me. It'd be nice if it stays that way.


The little ones will be here soon. I've got a mountain of laundry needing to be folded on top of the dryer. I'm feeling very....arggggghhhhhh. I think I forgot to change my estrogen patch on the right day. I'm overdue. I can always tell. *Sigh*


Did Christmas really just happen, and did I just celebrate a birthday? Or did I dream it all?


10 comments:

Dori said...

Having been sucked into facebook not too long ago myself, I've got to say I'm a fan! Growing up in a different country I have friends scattered all over the world. It has been simply delightful to reconnect after all these years--some I haven't spoken to since grade school!

Sick little ones are no fun and so pitiful. Hope everyone is on the mend soon!

Lynda said...

I haven't ventured into the Facebook land yet... but I am feeling drawn.

Marilyn said...

I love facebook!
So fun!

Linda said...

I do like being on Facebook. Friends that have moved away in the last couple of years are still keeping me up to date and I love that!
I hope your young ones are feeling better soon. I do not like it at all when I have to watch my grandkids while they are sick. I would think that at 53 I would be immune to just about everything but no, sadly I usually get it worse than they do. And just in time for them to be feeling chipper and full of energy.

Missy Moo said...

Hi Kris,
Just stick with facebook. It took me awhile to get the hang of it, but now I just love it. It is addictive tho. The kids get a laugh at "us oldies" with all this modern technology and not being able to get the hang of it. But the shoe would be on the other foot if they had to survive without all these mod cons that they have in todays society. Anyways, hope everyone is feeling much better in your household, love to all.
Missy Moo xxxxxxxxxx

Sorry bout not answering on facebook the other day - I accidentally left it open, and then I got carried away with cleaning out cupboards.

Donna said...

I tried to "friend" you, but it said something about restricted privacy settings. No biggie. The main reason I go to Facebook is to play MyFarm and YoVille. I'm a kid at heart!

Alaine said...

Thank your daughter for me :) I was so excited to see your name pop up on my friend requests! (even if it did take me a minute to figure it out - I was so used to MISSKRISS at the time).

I hope everyone over there gets well and stays well. And I really hope you escape this round of illnesses. You deserve to be healthy after the past few years.

Danielle Says Hello said...

A birthday???? When??? I'm off to post something on your Facebook wall ;)

jutka said...

I'm not "sucked" into facebook, but for some reasons - unknown to me - getting 3-4 spams per day from different persons under facebook in the last week, or so.
Wonder, how they got hold of my email address, the one is different from my blog here? Or any email addresses,they're private, except the one I've disclosed for contacts in my blog. This is a good reason for me not to join, this is very aggrevating.

intelligence said...

Although we have differences in culture, but do not want is that this view is the same and I like that!
age of conan power leveling