Sunday, January 18, 2009

Household Hint of the Day...

The way my house looks most of the time...wall-to-wall toys and baby blankets and piles of pillows we use for 'forts'...you'd never know I was one to get into household hints. Well, I'm not, ha! But I came across a great one recently. I dunno about you, but I hate cleaning the inside of my microwave oven. Stuff gets so baked on inside you'd think it was claiming a spot to roost permanently and it's like digging thru concrete trying to scrape or scrub it off. Try this: Take a very damp dishcloth, put it inside, then turn on your microwave for one minute. The steam generated from the damp cloth softens up all the caked-on stuff and you use the hot cloth to wipe it all down. Works wonders and makes a difficult job easy.

2 comments:

Dori said...

Do you know that they actually sell stuff like that? A little pouch of lemon scented liquid that steams your microwave clean. I saw it in the store, read what it was and what it contained and couldn't believe that someone would actually *pay* for something they already had at home. But maybe that's just me. :D

Marilyn said...

Ahhhhhh.... a little amonia and water in a bowl works wonders as well!