Saturday, January 3, 2009

This Oregonian Reads....When She can...


To commemorate the State of Oregon's 150th anniversary this year, the Oregon Library Association has chosen one book for all Oregonians to read. They've chosen this one, "Stubborn Twig" by Lauren Kessler, which chronicles the lives of three different generations of a Japanese American family who settles in Oregon. I happened across the stack of several copies of the book when I went to the library this morning. I hadn't ever heard of this "Oregon Reads" program before. The books are sitting there, waiting for anyone to pick up a copy and take it home. That's exactly what I did. The nice thing about it is I didn't even have to check it out. I can read it in my own time, which works much better for me than having a due date. My reading anymore is sporadic at best. But I am definitely looking forward to reading this one.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

I need to check this out--thanks for the heads up.

Danielle Says Hello said...

I'm looking forward to your review of this book, it sounds quite interesting. At present I am reading Steve Barry's The Venetian Betrayal. It is a 'can't put down' book but it is very hard to follow in the beginning until you get all the characters down. Happy Reading!

Lauren said...

fyi...on the Oregonian's website (OregonLive) you can read the first chapter of the book. Opening event for Oregon Reads is in Portland Jan. 15. Many other events all over the state...all listed on my site under "Appearances" www.laurenkessler.com

superior said...

If you could give more detailed information on some, I think it is even more perfect, and I need to obtain more information!
runescape powerleveling