Thursday, April 16, 2009

During our short session of pillow talk before we went to sleep last nite I told Dear Hubby I feel like this blog is dying a slow death. Each week I drift further and further away from it. Not out of choice, mind you. I feel like yesterday's news...deja vu` all over again...a broken record when I say that time - or lack thereof - is the culprit. I try to rob a few minutes here, a few minutes there, but it still boils down to the fact that no more time can be added to a day. No matter which way I try to work around it there are still, and forever will be, only 24 hours in a day. It really bothers him that I've had to put my writing on the back burner at this stage in my life. It bothers me, too, because writing has always been my 'outlet', my way of venting and letting off steam. Of relaxing and kicking back. He told me he hopes I at least find time to still come here and chronicle a lot of my daily life with the grandboys because he thinks this will be a wonderful legacy for them someday. Not only will they be able to look back and see what their infancy and early childhood was like but it might even jog a memory or two of what I was like as well, once I'm gone.




I'm heading off tomorrow with my son and grandsons for a weekend with them at the beach. My daughter-in-law has plans to get both the boys' bedrooms painted while we're away and they know the only way that will happen is if the boys are out of the house and she can focus on what needs to be done. A weekend alone with the boys is something my son feels he can't quite handle on his own at this stage and I tend to agree with him. I hope the weather cooperates so we can get them outside for most of the days we're there. Tomorrow we're planning on taking them to the aquarium before we go claim our motel room. I know Dylan especially is going to love that. And Cooper won't allow himself to be left out of anything now, either. He is Dylan's eager companion.


Today...well, today will be a busy one but I might have a small window of time to myself this evening. Dear Hubby has a special project he's involved in at work and probably won't be home until 7 or so. It's Subway sandwich nite for me, woooooo hoooooo! No cooking!


I'm rattling. I've got things to do before the boys get here. So I'll bring this to an end and get started on my day.

7 comments:

Deborah said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm a recent reader of your blog and I haven't commented too much, but I truly love your writing and your look on life. Hope you stay around, feel like I could learn so much from you.

4evergapeach said...

Oh Kris, I would hate to see you go. If you have to post less, we would all understand, but you would be missed if you left. I hope you and the boys have a wonderful weekend and I hope the weather is spectacular for you!

Lynda said...

I think sometimes we lose focus of why we started blogging in the first place - if it was to write for you, then write! Don't worry about anything else. Vistors are just a bonus, anyway, don't you think?

Clare said...

I agree with Deborah, 4ever and Lynda, please stick around. I enjoy whenever you write. Clare

Melissa B. said...

Have a great trip. Hope you reconsider on the blog.

Judy said...

I write for me. Even I'm bored by it, but, that's me!

Enjoy your weekend! We are hoping to go to Meijer Garden's with the kids. Might hit 70 tomorrow, with sunshine. Should be lovely.

Suburbia said...

You can't leave now! Especially as your blog page looks so lovely! You could just post less often, we'll still visit. S x