Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My gripe for the day....



Yesterday morning I came to my blog site and saw several links in my previous post that I had not put there. As I clicked on them I realized someone, somehow, had figured out a way to link certain words I'd written to advertising sites. So...fiddling and searching and much aggravation spent later....I was able to uninstall a program that had been installed on my computer very innocently on my part while playing games on Facebook. The culprit was a site called GameVance. Little did I know when I downloaded their 'player' it would be able to somehow access my computer. As I went to do a full-system Norton scan I was 'told' I had been infected by 16 Trojan viruses. I'm not sure if all came from that particular site, but I'm thinking that it must've been.


Sooooooooo....


Beware of what you innocently do on your computer. And shame on Facebook for using such sites as game hosts.


It caused me enough blood-burning to last me all week.

5 comments:

Loretta said...

That's why I'm scared to play games on line. I'm glad you could fix it.

Dori said...

Oh! Boo hiss! I'd be mad too! Glad you found it and fixed it.

I "ignore" just about every single app. invite I get on facebook. I'm on there to connect with friends and family--not search for easter eggs and find out which '80's movie star I'm most like.

Lynda said...

Glad you found it!

Jennifer said...

I love your picture - it conveys that feeling so well.

MamaHen Em said...

We had this happen to us, too. I was soooo mad. Game Vance. EVIL, EVIL folks.