Friday, May 29, 2009

Brain Strain

I am sooooooooooo tired tonite. It has been one. long. week.

Long long long.

The boys were so naughty on our long walk today I told Dylan if they didn't straighten up their act there would be no more walks. I don't know if it was because it was so warm and so muggy when we took off around 9 am or because Cooper is having a hard time with teething or what the problem was but the two of them were fighting WWIII in their tandem stroller. Cooper would not stay facing forward and kept pinching and scratching Dylan who, in turn, slapped him on the head, pulled his hair, and kicked at the back of Cooper's seat. Oh my, but did we have fun shopping in WalMart. When we finally arrived home I was never so happy to park a stroller in my life. It also helped that it was Cooper's naptime so after a change of diaper and a bottle popped into his mouth he was out like a light. Dylan sat on the couch quietly watching "Curious George" so I got a little bit of a respite. Then it was Round Two the rest of the afternoon. They aren't often like this, thank goodness. But when Cooper is really fretful and clingy when his teeth are coming thru, Dylan melts down if Cooper's crying is loud and prolonged, which it was today. I'm not sure if it overstimulates Dylan because Dylan has extremely sensitive hearing...but, oh how nice it was to hand them over to Mom and know I have a weekend to sit back and relax. My age definitely caught up with me today.

So...because I'm too tired to think up anything original I'm snatching another bunch of Random Questions from Jaggy's blog. Just because I can.

What curse word do you use the most? I don't curse, not in the usual sense. But when I'm extremely agitated what comes out of my mouth is "You dirty bird!!!"

Do you own an iPod? What's an iPod?

Who on your MySpace "Top 8" do you talk to the most? MySpace has never interested me whatsoever. And I deactivated Facebook for the final time about a month ago, I think it was.

What time is your alarm clock set for? Lately, with Dear Hubby on his super-early work shift, it's been set for 12:45 am. And he's been waking me when he leaves for work around 2:45.

What color is your room? I'm taking this means our bedroom. Sort of an aqua-minty-green?

Flip flops or sneakers? Barefoot, barefoot, and barefoot. Otherwise, very comfortable walking shoes.

Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture? Take the picture. I absolutely detest having my picture taken and I never like any of those with me in it. Never.

What was the last movie you watched? I'm pretty sure it was "No Country for Old Men"

Do any of your friends have children? Yup, and most have grandkids. Even a few great-grands.

Has anyone ever called you lazy? Lazy is a word not in my vocabulary. Ask my daughter.

Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster? Once in a blue moon I'll take an over-the-counter sleep aid that I buy at Walmart. Equate brand, I think it is.

What CD is currently in your CD player? Annie Lenox's "Bare". I couldn't find it for the longest time and when I did a lot of purging this past weekend I found it tucked in amongst a bunch of old exercise clothes I used to wear when I rode my exercise bike on a daily basis.

Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk? Regular white milk and it has to be super-cold.

Has anyone told you a secret this week? Good grief, I hardly ever have conversation with anyone over the age of 3 most weeks.

Have you ever given someone a hickey? Yeah. Dear Hubby but many many moons ago. When we were kids once upon a time a million years ago.

Who was the last person to call you? My daughter called to see what we were having for dinner.

Do you think people talk about you behind your back? I'm sure someone must tho I think I must be pretty boring material. I don't gossip and I don't do much chitchat either. And I rarely talk to anyone on the phone outside of Dear Hubby and my kids.

Did you watch cartoons as a child? Oh, yeh! "Mighty Mouse", "The Flintstones", "The Jetsons", "Top Cat", "Mr. Magoo" "Bugs Bunny" "Daffy Duck", "Huckleberry Hound", "Quick Draw McGraw"...on and on. Mind you, most of these were the originals.

Are you shy around the opposite sex? Not at all. In fact, I'm more comfortable with men than I am with women.

What movie do you know every line to? When I was a teenager it was "Romeo & Juliet", the one with Leonard Whiting and Olivia Hussey. From way back when. My English class went to see it at an afternoon matinee.

Do you own any band t-shirts? Nope. Not even Grateful Dead.

Do you read for fun? I read for fun, to learn, to expand my horizons, to escape.

Do you cry a lot? Most definitely no.

Who was the last person to text message you? I wouldn't even begin to know how to send or open up a text message. I can barely figure out how to use our cell phone.

Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop? Desktop PC.

Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos? No way.

What is the weather like? It's just past sunset, still quite warm and muggy with hazy high clouds.

When was the last time you slept on the floor? Sheeesh...I can't remember. It's been a long time.

How many hours of sleep do you need to function? At least 7

Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages? No.

Are you picky about spelling and grammar? EXTREMELY! Tho I have my own personal quirks on my blog, such as spelling "nite" and "thru". Why, I don't know.

Have you ever been to Six Flags? I don't even know where Six Flags is.

Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex? The opposite sex.

Do you like cottage cheese? I LOVE cottage cheese!

Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back? My left side and my back. I have to have one leg out from under the covers, and I usually throw the covers off thru the nite because, since my hysterectomy, I get SO WARM!!!!

Have you ever bid for something on eBay? I don't have a clue how eBay works.

Do you enjoy giving hugs? More as I'm getting older. Physical affection, for many reasons, is something I never have been and never will be very comfortable with.

What song did you last sing out loud? "Agnus Deo"

Which celebrity, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with? Katharine Hepburn was the first one to come to mind.

What one thing do you wish you had? Time. Definitely more time.

1 comment:

Bridget Locke said...

You made me snort. You are probably the LEAST lazy person I've ever met. I wish I'd inherited that gene. *sigh*