Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Crown of Glory...


My daughter will recognize this. It's her hair. Well, what was her hair. She'd spent the past year or two growing it out so she could donate it to LocksofLove, an organization devoted to collecting human hair used in making wigs for children who've lost their hair for various medical reasons. She received a postcard in the mail the other day from them, thanking her for her generous donation. I wanted to thank her for her generous heart. It is moments like these as a mother where you know you've done something right in raising your kids.

11 comments:

Lynda said...

What a wonderful thing to do!

abhi said...

Presenting for a good cause- be proud to be her mother

abhi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dori said...

My sister, her son and daughter, my best friend and myself have all donated to Locks of Love. Then--my sister's best friend received a wig from donated hair and it was an amazing circle of blessing!

Well done for both of you! Hope she's enjoying her perky new short "do"!

Mary Q said...

I love that she did that! You can be proud of her as a mom, and she can be proud of herself for setting aside whatever attachment she felt toward her hair and having the courage to make that generous choice.

Loretta said...

What a sweet thing for her to do. What a blessing God send us when he gave us daughters!

Bridget Locke said...

Okay, first of all...*sniffle*

Secondly, Didn't mind getting rid of my hair at all. :) Those constant headaches were getting to me.

As for you being proud of me...well, that's the biggest kudos a girl could get. Love you, Mama! :)

Judy said...

Such beautiful hair!

4evergapeach said...

What a beautiful gift! Something that money just can't buy. Yes, you definitely did something right. Makes Mother's Day even more special. Happy Mother's Day to you Kris!!

Melissa B. said...

Both my girls have donated to Locks of Love. What a wonderful organization! Have a Happy Mother's Day...

Danielle said...

My daughter did this also...yay to yours for her wonderful contribution!! Happy Mothers Day!