...you might ask. Well, I'm definitely not sitting around in my bathrobe and nightshirt. What did I do yesterday? Ummmm...grocery shopping at 7 am. Bra shopping at Target...finally.
I don't know what I have against bra shopping exactly outside of the fact it's a necessary evil. Oh, for those long ago days when I was young and didn't need one, HA! I never burned any bras but I sure didn't care to wear them, either. I guess that goes back to my previous post where I still have a little hippie lingering somewhere deep inside of me.
I digress, tho. I worked out in the front yard for a few hours and got it all spiffy and neat. Dear Hubby worked part of the day and when he came home we drove over to Vancouver to do some thrift store shopping and to let our son's dog Max out for a run and a potty break...he's home alone while our son and his family are on a road trip to Nevada for the weekend to meet up with my d-i-l's mother. Her mother is taking our Chloe dog and giving her a good and loving home. Far far away. Near Dallas, Texas. But at least we know she'll be getting all the love and attention she deserves and was so sorely missing here thruout my busy days. I had another good boo-hoo Friday evening as I washed my dishes. I am going to miss our little girl.
I found a wooden chest at the Salvation Army in Hazel Dell yesterday, the perfect size to store diapers in. I'd had a small wicker foot locker I'd used but it had seen it's better day. My daughter put a "Free" sign on that and stuck it out in the front yard last evening. I noticed it's gone this morning. I cleaned up the high chair and put it out there this morning with a "Free" sign, hoping someone will take that off my hands, too. Cooper hates sitting in it and I found the perfect small table for the boys at the Goodwill on Friday that he and Dylan can sit at and eat, as well as play with their Fisher Price garage and line cars and trucks on. Neither boy ever liked high chairs.
Yesterday morning as I was eating breakfast, this story came on the news. This has been eating away at me inside ever since. I can only imagine how traumatized the little girl who survived must be. And how traumatized the witnesses, police, and rescue workers were who had to deal with it. What is wrong with people who would do this to their own children?! Why not hand their kids over to someone who could care and love for them than to do something like this?? It's beyond my comprehension.
I did the Honest Blogger but I haven't done a real meme for a while. I found this one when catching up over at Miss Jaggy's blog the other day. I love memes. She has great ones.
1. Last time you had butterflies? The last time I can remember having them is when I went to the State Penetentiary for a chapel service and had to speak in front of the inmates there.
2. How is your mood today? Not too shabby. I am thoroughly enjoying having 3 days off. I really needed them.
3. Do you like seafood? Yes. Salmon especially.
4. Mints or chewing gum? Definitely chewing gum. I especially like Extra Polar Ice or Peppermint.
5. What do you do all the time in a car? I hum a lot, under my breath so I don't drive Dear Hubby crazy. Why I do it, I have no idea.
6. Do you like to read? I LIVE to read but have very little time for it. When I do find the time, I devour a book.
7. Have you ever changed clothes in a vehicle. Oh, sure. Lots of times. Especially at lakes or the beach when I was a kid.
8. Who was the last person to make you cry? The card my daughter gave me for Mother's Day made me teary-eyed. It was beautiful.
9. What is one thing you miss about your past? Having no worries, no cares, and the freedom to do whatever I wanted to when I wanted to, for the most part. I grew up in a small town and we could ride our bikes anywhere...lots of personal freedom.
10. What's the largest age difference between yourself and someone you dated? Just about everyone I dated was my age or just a few months younger or older.
11. When was the last time you cried? Friday evening while I did the dishes.
12. Do you ever use your full name? Yes, for legal purposes.
13. What is one thing you've learned about life? It's never predictable.
14. What was the last movie you watched? "No Country for Old Men."
15. Is anyone jealous of you? If they are they have no reason to be.
16. Has a friend ever used you? No...real friends don't use people.
17. Who was the last person you drove with? Dear Hubby.
18. What is something that you want to do within the next week? Get the side and back flowerbeds cleaned out.
19. Who was the last person you hugged? Dear Hubby.
20. Do you use post-its? When I can find any in my desk, which I should also get cleaned out and in order next week. I can't remember the last time I sorted everything out in it and I can barely open or close it.
21. Do you have more friends who are men or women? Women, but I actually prefer the friendship of men. Less complicated.
22. Have you ever made out with someone you weren't dating?: Yes, and both times were quite thrilling!
23. Is there a difference between the word 'best friend' and 'friend' ? Most definitely.
24. Do you care what people think of you? In general, no. But I hope they think of me as a kind and decent person when and if they ever do think of me.
25. Is silence really golden? YES!!!!!!!!!