Thursday, July 30, 2009

Things are not always as they seem....

I have a confession to make. My Dear Hubby has been in the process of learning how to use the computer but he never learned how to type in school so when it comes to sending off emails he asks me to type them for him. Quite often he dictates and I type as he talks. But sometimes, when it comes to personal emails, I add a little of my own flair to them.

For example....

He is a bow hunter and has been for close to 30 years. He's gotten involved in a bow hunters' website that has a very active forum/message board and this past year he's sold a bow and purchased a bow. Recently he put another classified ad on there, thinking he'd sell another bow. One of the people who responded has been a very nice young man named....Kris! Well, from one Kris-with-a-K, that in itself caught my eye. So in the past 10 emails to him I've added a little here and a little there, such as weather-talk, etc., since he lives in Wisconsin. Trying to sound like Dear Hubby but oh well. And this Kris and that Kris have become pretty friendly. I think Dear Hubby and that Kris could form a pretty nice email friendship.

But they won't. Because some things just aren't as they seem.

2 comments:

Melissa B. said...

My SIL knows how to do email, but she's recently gotten into blogging, too. To say she's technologically challenged would be to put it mildly. I've become her "long-distance managing editor," following behind her after she posts to correct her p's & q's. We're going on vacation together soon...perhaps we can get a few computer lessons in!

Betty said...

LOL! My hubby is a computer "an alphabet" too, but he would never trust me to write his emails! :)
I guess that tells you something about me...