Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I live in the house at the end of the road.....



I want to live on this street named Blogger Street. You probably will, too. It's the street where all the wonderful friends you've made in the bloggy world...bloggers and non-bloggers alike...live. Maybe not in the real world but definitely in my world. I depend on my blog friendships. I depend on them a lot. At least until my grandboys go to school, my life doesn't have much time or room for my face-to-face friends and acquaintances, for visits and get togethers and long, rambling phone calls. I don't even know how to use my cell phone beyond finding telephone numbers for my family and calling them when I need to. What is so wonderful about blog friends is you know exactly where to find them, in their "web house" that you can go visit with a click of a button. You're never imposing on their time. They can come visit you any time and they're not imposing on you, either. They're always welcome, as I hope I'm always welcome at their 'homes', too. We comment, we email. We love and support one another. We cry tears with them when they're hurting. We share joy and turmoil and whines and rants and laughs and moments of personal doubt and despair.


Come on by whenever you feel like it. The coffee is almost always on. And let me know if you'd like to live on Blogger Street, too.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Yep, and it doesn't matter what kind of mess the house is in, or even if I'm still wearing my jammies.

Come on in!

Judy said...

And, it doesn't matter that we live in different time zones!

Yup. I live on Blogger St.

Sometimes, I believe I live on the corner of Blogger and Insanity.

Oh, well.

Danielle said...

I absolutely love this!!!!

Wander to the Wayside said...

Great post! I'm a lot less lonely since I started blogging for all the reasons you said...

Betty said...

So true, your post!! I love my bloggy friends too! And they are always welcome! They fill out a place in my heart, and I would not want to miss them!
Have a great day Kristine!!