Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Just another day in the life....



I notice I've been getting a lot of different traffic lately, a lot of towns and cities from the US and around the world that aren't familiar to me as I glimpse them on my Feedjit doo-hickey. Still and forever and always no one is very brave to speak up and get acquainted outside of my bloggy friends, but that's ok. It's just nice to have you stop by and know that you're reading. I flit around the blogosphere in spurts and I probably comment on only a few of the ones I come across randomly, too. But I can write epic comments...just ask the poor souls I visit regularly. Sometimes I think my comments are almost longer than their posts!


I believe it was last week we had what will probably be our last day of 90+ degree heat this year. Today it barely reached 60 and spit out rain intermittently thru the day. It didn't stop the grandboys and me...we still managed to walk about 4 miles and stopped to watch the sewer crew working nearby for several minutes. We've become daily visitors there for the past week or so and the work crew even call out to the boys, which thrills them to no end. They got a big kick out of Dylan one day last week when he brought along one of his toy backhoes and held it up for all the men to see. What a gearhead! I am determined to wait until the first of October to turn on the furnace but today I was sorely tempted. If my daughter-in-law had packed shorts and short-sleeved t-shirts I would have but the boys were in long jeans and sweatshirts today so they were plenty warm. I blogged about bringing home three boxes of Snuggie wraps in my stroller the other day...my daughter pulled hers out of the box this evening and I think we're all going to enjoy wrapping up in those in the evenings. I know utility rates have skyrocketed all over the country and it just galls me to open up my gas and electricity bills. These Snuggies will be our way of wagging our noses at the greedy 'utility czars', ha! I wonder if the furnace will even start?! I wonder that every year, it's so old. But it always seems to chug to life with a few dusty coughs the first time.


Well, I've been awake since 1 am and it's now close to 7:30. This old granny needs her beauty sleep....

2 comments:

Andy said...

I thought now that I've made it this far I'll pass on my greetings from as far afield as Mozambique, came across your blog via blogger help forums, keep up the good work :)
http://mozbak.blogspot.com

Betty said...

I hope you got some rest! I love reading about your life and what you´re up to.
And I love your long comments. They make my day! :)