Saturday, September 19, 2009

Say What?!



When I came to my blog last nite I 'bout freaked out when I saw the books listed on my "Library Thing" in the sidebar. All these books are listed as being written by "dread pirates"??? Did some lunatic hacker/spammer figure out how to get into my blog? WHAT is going on here? So I clicked on Library Thing and the whole home page of it was in pirate-speak. To honor National Pirate Day or Love a Pirate Day or some-such nonsense. Good grief. And, to my knowledge, I wasn't notified this was going to happen, unless an email was inadvertently sent to my spam or something. But it almost gave me a needless trip to the Emergency Room for temporary heart failure. I am going to fire off an email to them and tell them:


"THAT WAS NOT FUNNY!"


So, I left it untouched at the moment so you can notice what I mean. I guess I'll have to go to the site and redo all of my book list. What a pain and a waste of time for someone who has to squeak in any time on the computer as it is.


I know, I know....whine, whine, whine.


Whatever.


But they BETTER not TOUCH it AGAIN!!!!!

3 comments:

Betty said...

So sorry that happened! I had not been into that part of your blog before, so I don´t know what it looked like before this happened, but that would freak me out too! How DARE they!
Hope you get it straightened out!

Dori said...

It's International Talk Like A Pirate Day! Arrrgg! They'll change it back tomorrow...or midnight...you don't have to do a thing. Except fire off your email if you want. I actually find it really funny...but I'm one of the pirate freaks. :D

Pam said...

That is just crazy and kind of unprofessional. I could see if Library Thing was site that had something to do with pirates, but otherwise it's just so random. I'm glad to read from one of your comments, that they will fix this from their end. What happens when it national pig latin day? YIKES! I use Goodreads on my blog and I really like it.