Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thoughtfulness....



I read a short email from one of my long time bloggy friends this morning that certainly started my day off on a bright note. She told me, "Every day, I wish we were neighbors." If only she knew how many times I've thought the same thing!


And yesterday I received an email from a newer bloggy friend who sent me a list of 10 book recommendations for my vacation next week. How thoughtful was that!


Thank you, Judy and Pam!
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
~ Mark Twain ~

6 comments:

Mary Q said...

Kris, I'll bet Pam had some good suggestions for you! I went to her book blog and saw that there were at least 3 I was going to mention to you: HOTEL ON THE CORNER OF BITTER AND SWEET (which I just finished and LOVED), STILL ALICE (which I just started a couple of days ago and am liking so far), and THE HELP, which appears to have been THE book of the summer! I doubt you plan on reading your ENTIRE week of freedom, but I'll bet that activity will rank high on the list! Enjoy it!

Suburbia said...

What a lovely quote. Kindness and friendship are priceless aren't they?

Betty said...

Blogging friends are the best. Especially those that come visit you when you need it most!

sinnlighet said...

Oh my.... I like like like your blog & your pic's!! Amazing!!

Regards from Agneta in Sweden

Pam said...

Kris is it was my pleasure to send you that list of books. It's what I love most about working in a library. I hope you find something there that interests you.

And Mary Q - I'm so glad you found some books to enjoy on my book blog! Glad I could help!

Danielle said...

I believe you would be an AWESOME neighbor!!!!!