Wednesday, October 21, 2009

And I knew I knew I knew I knew...Life could make me happy, happy, HAPPY!

I am not one who likes unsolicited phone callers. I don't generally enjoy talking on the phone, period. But this evening as I was relaxing on the couch after dinner the phone rang and I assumed it was probably our son so I answered it. Wrong. It was a very nice young gentleman from the University of North Florida calling to do a phone survey. Would I be kind enough to participate? Well, this young gentleman doesn't know just how lucky he was getting me to cooperate. Maybe it was because I'd been sitting there thinking I should get up and do the dishes. Maybe it was the perfect excuse to sit there for another 1o minutes while I answered his questions.

So what was the survey about?

Am I happy.

Why, yes. Yes, I am.

How happy do I rate myself on a scale of 1 to 10? How about 10. Do I drink wine to relax at the end of the day? No. Beer? No. Do I enjoy my job? Why, yes. Yes I do. Am I married? Yes. Straight? Most definitely. Stressed? Not really. Tired at times, oh yeah. Am I all caught up in the political mire we're getting swallowed up in? Oh, no. Did I choose to be heterosexual? Hahaha...I told him I'm the way I was born to be, thank you very much. And on and on and on. I think by the time we finished he was probably rolling his eyes and wondering, "Why did I get stuck with this looney old lady?"

Oh well. At least I was polite. At least I participated. And now I know I'm very happy indeed.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Good for you!

Betty said...

Sounds like a fun way to avoid the dishes! :)

Elizabeth said...

Great answers!!!