Sunday, December 6, 2009

The History behind "Where I'm From"

In 2009 I undertook this project to compile a 'biography' of people important in my life and also the lives of my grandsons. It is to give them a more 'real' view into the lives of those who I've had the privilege to call my friends, of those who are related to us by blood. As these trickled in I was simply amazed at how connected and also how unique each and every one of us is. I hope Dylan and Cooper will appreciate them some day, too, long after we're gone. Maybe they'll trigger some memories in them as well.

2 comments:

Midlife Jobhunter said...

OH, they will love it. Might not be for a long time to come, but they will.

Didn't you say you read South of Broad and weren't disappointed? I think I've arrived at that point myself. Grieves me as I love Pat Conroy so much.

Jeanie said...

I think this is a wonderful idea and will be very valued in the future. And I'm sure they are very valuable to you right now.