Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm on my second cup of coffee and I still can't face the day...



No, that's not true. The title, that is. It's what popped in to my head the moment I uploaded this photo, tho...I am a Gordon Lightfoot fan from the days of "If You Could Read my Mind".


Boy, I've been busy letting everyone else do the writing for me lately, haven't I? I am beyond thrilled that these friends and family members have taken a part in this "Where I'm From" project for me and so graciously allowed me to publish them. I'm still waiting on ones from two of my brothers as well as a cousin....you know who you are, Ginger!! (She reads this just about every day.) And a couple of friends. That would be you, Mary (who also reads almost daily) And my friend Sue who I've known almost as long as I've known Dear Hubby. Her husband sang at our wedding. She and I have become newly in touch again after a long spree of no contact and I gave her my blog address so I'm hoping she's stopped by to look things over. She lives in south central Oregon in a rather remote area where internet access is prehistoric so getting emails to her and from her were pretty tedious. I think she said she's got better service now, so I'm hoping we'll stay in closer touch.


Amongst family and friends, Dear Hubby and I are notorious for being non-social. Not anti-social. There's a vast difference between the two. Anti-social is not wanting any contact with people. Non-social is not requiring contact. At least that's the way I differentiate the two in my own mind. One of Dear Hubby's cousins had a surprise 60th birthday a year or so ago and I don't know what suprised her more, the party or the fact that he and I showed up, ha! Well, on Saturday nite we went out to a lovely dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory with some long time friends. We had a wonderful time. As Dear Hubby and I were driving along I-205 heading out to the restaurant in Clackamas I asked him, "Do you remember the last time we went out to dinner with anyone?" We both put on our thinking caps and neither one of us could remember a more recent time than 10 years ago with some other long time friends. It's almost embarrassing to admit that. But we did have legitimate excuses. One, the crazy hours we've had to keep all these years with his extremely early work shifts. Two, up until I had my gall bladder removed a year ago I couldn't eat in restaurants without suffering from horrible esophageal spasms. He and I didn't even go out to dinner together! So it really wasn't anything we held against going out. It was for practical reasons. I dunno...we're a couple of strange old birds. We enjoy each other's company. We don't need to be with other people to have a good time. Tho we did have a great time with Bob and Cheryl on Saturday. And Dave and Kathy 10 years ago. Good grief.


I was going to write an email to my friend Karen tonite but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I felt I needed to update a little bit here and I'm so sleepy I know I'm headed for bed as soon as I hit the "Publish Post" button. It's going to be an interesting day tomorrow. Dylan's going to the dentist for the first time. He wants me to come along because he's scared so my d-i-l and I will take both boys. Cooper can sit in the dentist's chair to check that out. I think I'll sit down with Dylan and describe the whole process in the morning so he'll know what to expect. I always try to do that with new or strange experiences for kids...it takes some of the fear out if they know ahead of time what they'll see and what will be expected of them.


So...off to bed. My happy Menoquil pill is kicking in. I'm going to put a permanent link to the Menoquil site on my sidebar. I kid you not, it's the best thing out there for menopause.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I'd love to try that Menoquil, but it's so high-priced! I wonder if Sam's Club carries it?