Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday...again...

(painting by David J. Veres)





I am now prepared for rain, wind, and snow. I went out and bought rain ponchoes for the grandboys and me and a pair of snow bibs for Cooper. The ones Dylan had from last year should still fit him this year, I'm hoping. They're 5T and he's in 5s-on-the-verge-of-6s right now. Outside of days with frigid east winds, ice, or downpours we should be set to walk. The idea of being cooped up inside day in and day out for weeks on end does not appeal to me at all.


I've got two "Where I'm From" 'poems' now that friends have sent to me. I'm waiting to hear back from both of them as to whether or not I can post them here publicly. I plan on posting all of those the writers give me permission to. I want them as living legacies of my friends and family for the grandboys to have. Did I ask my daughter to do one??? Hmmmmm....I need one from her, too.


I slept like the dead last nite. Maybe it was from the two walks Dear Hubby and I took to the top of Mt. Tabor this weekend but I've been sleeping soooooooooo much better since I've been taking Menoquil. I call it my "happy" pill. Because I feel like I'm finally in touch with the 'original' person I used to be once upon a million years ago before menopausal issues ever came in to my life.


A busy week coming. And we're going out to dinner with longtime friends Saturday nite, something Dear Hubby and I haven't done in so many years I can't even remember the last time. Between our rising-in-the-middle-of-the-night-and-going-to-bed-before-sunset -- at least in the summer -- hours, we're usually heading for bed before most people eat dinner. And before my gall bladder was taken out and I suffered from esophageal spasms for years, eating out wasn't an option for me. Now I can, even if I can't taste anything. But Bob and Cheryl are such lovely people it'll be fun to spend a few hours with them.


And now it's time to hop on the train and get this ol' body moving. Chooo-chooooooooooooo...

3 comments:

Donna said...

We have a crappy week in store too. Highs around 50, rain every day.

Betty said...

Well I hope the week turns out better, weather wise I mean. I´m glad you´re sleeping better. It makes such a difference to me too, if I sleep well or not. YEahh Menoquil!! :)

Donna said...

Came from Over 50 Bloggers! Beautiful Pink!!
Love the painting!