Betty did this on her blog and I haven't done it for a long, long time. So here are my first 50:
1. I can remember back to being in a crib.
2. Half the time I can't remember what I did yesterday.
3. Both of my parents are dead.
4. I have 3 brothers.
5. I am next-to-the-youngest
6. I am not very close to brother number 1
7. I've been estranged from brother number 2 for over 17 years -- his choice
8. Brother number 3 and I are as close as any members from our family have ever been, I think
9. I was a tomboy until my mid-teens
10. I loved playing with paper dolls and still have mine.
11. I have never had a pedicure.
12. I have never had a manicure.
13. I hate to cook
14. Clutter drives me crazy
15. I love to read but don't find enough time to read as much as I like
16. I would love to find time to ride my exercise bike thru the winter months but I've already sacrificed an hour of sleep to be able to make time for my Bible reading
17. I really, really wish there was one more hour in a day
18. I have a bagel for breakfast every day
19. I rarely ever eat lunch
20. I almost drowned when I was 3
21. I am afraid of deep water because of that
22. I once saw George Harrison of the Beatles
23. I carried on a torrid letter romance with a young man I'd met on a trip to Minneapolis while I was dating another guy here at home.
24. I was planning on moving to Minneapolis when I met Dear Hubby. That was the end of that.
25. I have no patience for marathon talkers
26. But I am a good listener
27. I've had heat stroke twice in my life
28. I love ferry boats
29. I have a very special bond with most young people I meet
30. I have that same kind of bond with elderly people, too
31. My grandboys are the center of my universe
32. I hate being put on hold.
33. I hate having to go thru 50 numbers on a phone menu to finally get thru to a HUMAN!!!!
34. I hate dealing with foreign customer service reps. Most of my conversation with them is, "Excuse me, can you repeat that again?" What takes an hour could've taken 10 minutes with someone from US soil.
35. That's especially true when I'm dealing with computer issues.
36. Now that I'm older I don't know if this is still true but I used to be able to throw a football as hard and as far as a guy. My brother number 2 nicknamed me "Ramona Gabriel" after the QB Roman Gabriel in the 60s. That brother is the one who taught me how to throw.
37. I am not now and never have been a girly-girl
38. I have never taken a back seat to any man as far as my intelligence goes. If he doesn't like it that I'm smart...tough.
39. Dear Hubby loves my mind.
40. No wonder I married him.
41. I am 5' 7" and shrinking daily
42. I don't like taking medicine
43. I didn't have a close relationship with my mom while she was alive.
44. But I do understand her better all the time, the older I get
45. I hate confrontation
46. I like to live quietly
47. I prefer mellowness over excitement
48. I am a homebody
49. I love to garden and it really bothers me that I haven't had the time to get out and keep my flowerbeds beautiful the past few years.
50. When I finally have the time to do it again, I'll have enough yard work to keep me happy for a long long time!