Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blame this on Betty....




I spend a lot of time at Betty's, HA! :



1. What was the last song you listened to? "Looking for a City" by the Chuck Wagon Gang, this afternoon just before the grandboys went home. They love to dance around the house to it.


2. Have you ever had “buyer’s remorse” over anything? Yes, for my digital camera. I'm glad I bought it for Dear Hubby's sake because he more or less took it over after I let it sit for months in my desk. I can't seem to get the hang of it and I found out I wasn't as interested in it as I thought I would be.


3. What is something in your life that you are thankful for now that you didn’t think you would be at the time of the event? (Something that seemed ill-timed, inconvenient or hurtful which turned out to be a good thing) The year 1999 was an absolutely AWFUL year for me in a lot of ways. Spiritually challenging, emotionally challenging, physically challenging. I was hospitalized that October with what was originally thought to be a heart attack...thankfully it wasn't...but those 4 days I spent in the hospital not knowing what was wrong with me really made me stop and do some serious re-prioritizing of my life. In retrospect, it was a year that probably saved my life.


4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade every year? Nope. I think it's pretty corny, actually.


5. Share a quote, scripture, poem or lyric which has been an inspiration to you lately. "A day hemmed in by prayer rarely unravels."


6. This is meant to be a fun question, and this is a G-rated blog, but please share a “guilty pleasure,” something that you enjoy that’s probably not the most edifying, time-worthy or healthy thing you could be indulging in. Eating rice chips at the moment, just a few minutes before going to bed.


7. What Thanksgiving food are you looking forward to? Pumpkin mousse


8. What is your favorite book to read to children, or what was your favorite childhood book? It was a series of books by Maud Hart Lovelace called the "Betsy/Tacy" books. LOVED THEM!!!!!!


9. Do you collect anything? Outside of dust balls under the furniture, I collect angel items. Not so much now as I did in the past but I have a pretty good collection of them.


10. Gift bags or wrapping paper? I LOVE gift bags!!! I am L A Z Y when it comes to wrapping gifts...I think gift bags are some of the best creations ever.


11. Share an after-school memory from when you were younger. What was your routine like on an average day? I loved coming in from school, scrambling into my play clothes -- this was back in the day when girls had to wear dresses/skirts to school -- and running out to play, play, play until dinner time.


12. True story: Once, in a job interview, I was asked this question and told there would be no clarifying; I simply had to answer the question: “When you’re fishing, do you feel for the fish?” So what about you? When you're fishing, do you feel for the fish?? Not one bit.

3 comments:

Betty said...

haha, you did good!
I collect dust balls too, I wish I´d thought of that! :)
And I loved the quote you put in Nr. 5. So true!

P.S. I´ll be thinking of making a video this weekend! I´m so scared! :)

4evergapeach said...

Hi Kris!
I love your quote! I'll have to remember that one.
If you ever get a chance I would love that recipe for pumpkin mousse. Sounds scrumptious!
My favourite book to read to children, and my favourite book of all time is The Giving Tree

HORIZON said...

Smiling here- enjoyed reading your answers - liked the quote and appreciated your honesty. I think we all have those dust balls collecting. I feel like l'm painting the Forth Road Bridge when it comes to dusting- it goes on and on and on!