Saturday, November 21, 2009

Middle-of-the-night Meme

I actually had time earlier this evening to do some browsing and posting. I went to bed at 8 and came to at 11:30 WIDE awake. After tossing and turning a while I gave up and here I am. Again. Lucky you. I wanted to do some more writing just to release whatever it is that compels me to write in the first place. Like an endorphin rush of some sort? I dunno. Whatever it is, getting rid of it will help me go back to sleep. I speak from a lot of experience here.

And so, I rely on my friend Betty in Paraguay once again for inspiration when I'm too tired to come up with anything of my own but feel the need to fill up my little posting box on here:


1. If you could master one sport, what would it be? Golf. Anyone who can hit a little ball with a stick and send it 450 yards or whatever and have it land in a little hole with only a few swings wins my adoration. And Tiger Woods has one of the sweetest swings I've ever seen. With a father who was an avid golfer -- he even caddied as a teen to make extra money and once caddied for Bob Hope and Bing Crosby at a tournament -- I grew up watching lots and lots and lots of golf. Lots.
2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision? It varies. Major appliances? I go to the store owned by a fellow church member we've known for years and pick up something mid-price between cheapest and best. Nah...come to think of it, it's usually gut instinct.
3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name? Ann Broadway.
4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food? Without a doubt, my favorite food. Having no sense of taste kind of helps with that decision but even if I could taste, I couldn't exist without music.
5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?The greenish one. I can not stand anything mooshy and slimey in my mouth. I can't stand cereal with milk on it, either. I have to have the cereal in a bowl with milk off to the side and eat it by hand like chips.
6. Your favorite tree is? Pink Dogwoods.
7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you? Compared to when I first got my computer, I'm an Einstein now. For my age group. Compared to the younger generation probably -2.
8. Has H1N1 touched your family? No, thank the good Lord.
9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing? Well, I'm definitely a person with strong faith in God so I don't do much questioning about the major things in life. I figure He knows best of all in any situation and has gotten us thru some very tough times. I'm not sure I'd categorize myself as 'analytical'. I'm a thinker, a dweller...I keep things close to my chest and do a lot of delving in to myself, coming to conclusions about things that way. Maybe that is analytical. But not in the sense of scientific-analytical. More pyche-analytical.
10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala? A dog. I'm loyal and friendly and eager to please.
11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago? Yes, I do. But the list has been pared down a lot as time's gone on. In regards to the last question where I mentioned loyalty, I had a tendency to try to hold on to friendships even when they were no longer productive. I've come to the realization as I'm growing older that friendships seem to naturally ebb and flow. I know who my real friends are from the past and I've kept them. I love them dearly, too.
12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why? No matter WHAT lane I end up choosing it's always the slowest. That's why I do my grocery shopping at 7 am on Saturdays. Hardly anyone is there.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Your middle name is Ann? My daughter´s middle name is also Anne (but with an e at the end)!
I´m glad you like my meme´s! :) And hopefully you got some sleep after doing this. It was fun to read!