Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Painful ponderings.....


I stepped out of my comfort zone the other day and I was stung.
I think.
Anyway, I've certainly regretted reaching out the way I did.
It's been eating at me ever since I got the response.
Sometimes the written word is so fickle.
We can't see the expression on the other person's face
as they're writing.
And, when we don't really know them to begin with
and don't know their writing style or personality well
if at all,
it sure can cause a lot of head-scratching on my part
to try to figure them out.

2 comments:

Betty said...

I hope it wasn´t anything I wrote! I´ve been known to hurt people without my wanting to and especially since I think in German and write in English, sometimes something I write may be misinterpreted.

Wander to the Wayside said...

I've done the same thing, and it's probably because you and I have a tendancy to want to deliver an insightful and pertinent comment, and sometimes get carried away. I've also mis-read a post before, and only upon reading it the fifth time did I realize that I was totally off base. Oh well, all we can do is apologize and try to explain why we said what we said and move on.