Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Day After....

THINGS TO DO BEFORE MY PARENTS ARRIVE: My parents are deceased.

7 THINGS I'VE BEEN DOING INSTEAD OF PREPARING FOR CHRISTMAS:
1. Procrastinating
2. Taking care of the grandkids 10-12 hours per work day
3. Hoping Dear Hubby's Christmas bonus arrives before Christmas Eve
4. Blogging
5. Searching for my DVD of "Family Man" that I put in a safe place so I'd remember where it was at Christmas.
6. Purging piles of papers that have stacked up
7. Trying to stay away from watching the evening news. Too depressing for words.

7 THINGS I DIDN'T DO THIS CHRISTMAS:
1. Go overboard on shopping
2. Do any baking or fancy cooking -- it was take-out Chinese for Christmas Eve!
3. Stress too much
4. Feel guilty about anything I didn't manage to get done
5. Get up at the crack of dawn to visit family
6. Watch "A Christmas Story"...Christmas seemed to be here and over before I got my copy of that DVD out, too.
7. Go to our church's Christmas concert. We had a family dinner we needed to go to instead.

7 CHRISTMAS WISHES:
1. All family members were safe
2. Everyone liked their gifts
3. Time to relax
4. Some time on the computer without feeling rushed
5. Time to read some of a book I've been wanting to get to
6. No sinus headache to ruin the day!
7. Getting thru Christmas without going in to debt

7 THINGS I SAID AS CHRISTMAS APPROACHED:
1. I'll get to the decorations when I can.
2. Santa will be coming to your house!
3. Be careful with the Christmas tree!
4. I LOVE our neighbors!
5. I hope I remembered to send cards to everyone
6. I'm sure I forgot someone!
7.What a relief to have the shopping out of the way!

7 FAMOUS PEOPLE I'D INVITE FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER:
1. Jesus -- because there'd be no Christmas without Him
2. Handel -- because he wrote some of the most powerful, sacred Christmas music ever
3. Andrea Bocelli -- because I'd love to hear him sing Christmas songs
4. Billy Graham -- because he's so fascinating
5. The Whites/Ricky Scaggs -- because I'd like some great bluegrass Christmas music as well
6. The Apostle Peter -- because he's my favorite person in the Bible
7. George Winston -- because I'd like him to play background music while the rest of us dine

7 FAVORITE FESTIVE FOODS:
1. Honey Baked Ham
2. Pumpkin pie
3. Apple pie
4. Barber pole peppermint sticks
5. Hickory Farm Sausage
6. Pumpkin Mousse
7. Roast turkey

1 comment:

Liz said...

Oh, I love Peter too!

Hope your Christmas was wonderful - in spite of the orange salad!

I wish you a healthy and wonderful 2010.

xxx