Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's Back!




Well, glory be. Miracles still happen. I got my truck back. No damage. Had about the same amount of gas in it that had been inside the tank when it was stolen. The glove box had been gone thru but my flowered hankie and pen were still sitting on the console. My package of gum too. It reeks of garlic. Maybe they stopped and bought a pizza or a spicy Italian subway sandwich before they parked it on a side street about 18 blocks from our house. My son and daughter-in-law had stopped at a 7/11 to pick something up and while my d-i-l was waiting for my son to come out she spotted the truck. When our son got back in their vehicle she asked him, "Isn't that your mom's truck?" He looked it over and said it sure looked like it to him. He called on his cell phone and when we confirmed the plate numbers...yup. Three police cruisers met Dear Hubby and me there and had me look it over for any damage, then had me sit for a few minutes while they cleared it off the stolen vehicle list. It started right up and seems to be running fine. And now it's parked out front where it's supposed to be!
Oh, if only my little red truck could talk!

9 comments:

Donna said...

God is good.

Pam said...

That's amazing! I must have missed your post about the truck being stolen in the first place. HOw long was it gone?

Jeanie said...

My first thought was what Pam, above, said..."That's amazing." I know you are surprised that it is in good shape. I hope you can get rid of the garlic smell.

Judy said...

Oh, WOW!!!

That is WONDERFUL news!

Well, maybe not the garlic part, but it should keep away the vampires. Or so I've been told.

Suburbia said...

That is a beautiful truck!

Suburbia said...

PS, Would love to see you on Facebook by the way :)

Suburbia said...

PS again! sorry! I have just read your weekly words of wisdom. I love it. can I 'borrow' it for moments in suburbia please?

Betty said...

That is so weird! But I´m so glad you got it back!!

Anonymous said...

My guess is they were healthy thieves-eating garlic. It is a beautiful truck, but what did God have to do with it, I'm wondering.