Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Ramblings...

I guess I should be checking my list. If I had a list. But I don't and I don't have much of anything prepared for Christmas. The grandboy gifts are tucked away in a dark corner of the basement. I need to print off a Jello salad recipe my daughter-in-law emailed to me so I can get busy on that sometime today. I awoke bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 1:15 and couldn't go back to sleep. It's becoming a regular habit with me, this 1 am wake-up time. I go to the bathroom, then can't go back to sleep. So...I get up and turn on the coffee, eat my bagel and read my Bible. I'm getting a lot of Bible reading done. In fact, I just finished reading it completely thru for the 8th time...or the 9th? I've lost count...just the other day. Tomorrow I start on St. Luke, which is so appropriate since it has the Christmas Story in it. It is so beautiful.

Am I rambling? I'm rambling. I have several nice long emails in my Inbox crying out for answers but I don't want to get busy typing on them yet. I find if I email super early in the morning, by the time evening gets here I can't even remember what I wrote and I'm always afraid it was a mess of mumbo-jumbo because my mind at this hour is miles away from where my mind is around 6 pm when I might get a chance to sit down here again for a half hour or so.

I'm so glad I checked to see if the library was going to be open today or not. It's not. I'd put "The Friendly Persuasion" DVD on hold, hoping it would get here in time for Christmas Eve viewing. It did. Yesterday. So when I found out the library's closed today, Dear Hubby and I made a quick trip there before it closed last nite so we could pick up the DVD and a couple of books that came in, too, that I've been waiting to read for a long time. We'll also be watching "It's a Wonderful Life" and my copy of "The Family Man" if I can remember where I stashed it away. In one of those places where I wouldn't forget, don'tcha know. And then promptly did.

And so another year is almost over. Another birthday for me is just a few days away. Another Christmas is here and will be gone before I can catch my breath.

And I am still here to enjoy it.

And I'm thankful for that.

3 comments:

Betty said...

Merry Christmas to you Kris and your family! I hope we get to see some of those gifts being opened on here....

Suburbia said...

Thankful here too.

Merry Christmas to you and yours Kriss

Sx

Judy said...

Merry Christmas, Kris!

ENJOY!!!