Sunday, December 27, 2009

A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world. ~ Leo Buscaglia

The Christmas cards we usually get weren't quite complete this year. We didn't receive one from my childhood best friend's mom who has sent one to me faithfully for 35 years, as well as more letters than I can count. She moved from my hometown this past year to live with her daughter -- my childhood best friend -- who's lived on the East Coast for the past couple of decades. She's been in ill health. As I took down all the Christmas cards this morning I got to thinking about Babe and I wrote a short note to her daughter. I hope her daughter will write back and let me know if Babe is even still with us. Angie is notoriously bad about keeping in touch...hence, the long years of correspondence between her mom and me, my only link to Angie outside of sporadic Christmas cards from her every now and then. Oh, and the fact that she named her oldest daughter the same name, same spelling, as mine. I'm hoping she'll at least let me know about her mom. I would like some closure on this one way or the other.

3 comments:

Pam said...

I hope that Angie responds and that Babe is OK. It must be hard not knowing. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Anita said...

I'm reminded of someone I knew and admired who had cancer. I moved away, but kept in contact by phone about twice a year, until I called and her line was disconnected. I had no idea how to find her because I knew none of her friends or relatives; and she was self-employed so I couldn't call a company.
I sense that she is gone.
Don't mean to be pessimistic; just had a thought about Lorraine.
I hope Babe and Angie are both well and that you will hear from them soon.

Anonymous said...

I wish not approve on it. I regard as nice post. Especially the title-deed attracted me to review the whole story.