Sunday, December 27, 2009

When you finally go back to your old hometown, you find it wasn't the old home you missed but your childhood. ~ Sam Ewing

You never know who you might stumble upon on Facebook. Today I became reconnected with a boy...well, he's a MAN now...who I grew up across the street from when we were children. My mom used to babysit his baby brother. We used to watch "Batman" on their color TV...they were the first family in our neighborhood to own a color one. We used to play a made-up game called "Bat" the whole neighborhood would get together and play in his family's yard on summer nites. It is like stepping back in to the best years of my childhood. It feels good.

6 comments:

Donna said...

I mentioned Facebook in this morning's entry, too. It really is amazing, isn't it? And you can always block the irritating apps that tend to clutter it up.

Meadowlark said...

Of course, I'm always amazed when people get started on the "Facebook and the internet is ruining our lives because we no longer have friendships".

Um... I thought that's what all you people were... my friends. It's not MY fault ya'll don't want to move down the block from me!

I love FB, especially for watching my grandniece grow up, who'd I'd never see otherwise.

Peace to you.

Pam said...

Reconnecting with your past through old friends is the best part of Facebook. Glad you got to take that walk down memory lane.

Jeanie said...

I love making those connections. I just caught up with an old friend on FB that I haven't talked to in 20 years, It was wonderful....and, of course, neither one of us looks a day older. lol

kmalone775 said...

Today is 12/29/09 - Happy Birthday Kris!

Anita said...

I'm slowly giving in to Facebook. I'm hesitating because I don't know how much time I would have to give to it.
With blogging and emailing, I'm already on the computer a LOT! :)
But...I do have an account.
We'll see.
Glad you made a good connection with an old friend.