Monday, January 25, 2010

8's

I always find the coolest things to do over at Betty's blog. Here's another one I found this morning and I'm doing it this evening while I'm relaxing before going to bed. I changed the first 8 to movies instead of TV shows because outside of watching most of the morning shows on PBS with my grandboys, I watch next-to-no television:





8 Movies I like to watch:


"To Kill A Mockingbird"

"Tender Were the Vines"

"Harvey"

"Christmas Story"

"Fargo" (the 'cut' version...otherwise, the language is too rough)

"The Friendly Persuasion"

"The Family Man"

"The Searchers"


8 Favorite Places to Eat & drink:


My mother-in-law's in her younger years when she used to cook

Noho's

Canton Grill

The Original Taco House

Diane's - a little neighborhood restaurant that serves good breakfast

Subway

My sister-in-law Susi's

My sister-in-law Shari's -- Good cooking runs in my husband's family!


8 Things I Look Forward To:


Dear Hubby arriving home from work every day

A day to myself

My way-too-infrequent visits with my best friend Lizzee

Phone calls from my 'baby' brother

Opening up my email Inbox

Sitting down to blog

Walking on the beach

Browsing thru thrift/antique shops



8 Things that Happened Yesterday:


I got out of bed

I blogged a lot

I went to church

I answered a bunch of email

I read most of a book

I ate too much...one of those 'grazing' days where I keep nibbling all day long.

Dear Hubby got home safely from a weekend out of town

I had a nice chat on the phone with my mother-in-law


8 Things I Love About Winter:


Storms that blow in from the Pacific

Homemade soups

Hunkering down under a throw on the couch with a good book

Believe it or not, I don't mind the rain we have here all that much. It's the gloom that gets me.

Just the general beauty of the season. Each one has it's own unique beauty.

The smell of wood smoke in the air when we go for walks

The first snowfall

Watching the wonder on my grandsons' faces as they gaze out the front windows at that first snowfall


8 Things I Am Passionate About:


My love for God

My love for family

Life

Writing

Friends

Reading

Gardening

The sea



8 Phrases I Use A Lot:


Oh, for pity's sake!

Good grief

I feel like the wreck of the Hesperus

Is that so?

What?!

I saw it here/there

I didn't touch it

I don't know



8 Things I Learnt from the Past:


Don't judge a book by its cover

Integrity

Patience

Forgiveness

Empathy

Sympathy

A willing heart

Sense of duty

3 comments:

Anita said...

I always like reading this type post for a change...a meme?
Your blog says a lot about your personality, but the specifics listed here, tell even more. :)

Betty said...

Opening my email! I forgot about that one. I love that too.
Very interesting. Loved reading this!

Rob-bear said...

I love your honesty and openness to sharing who you are. Thank you.