Friday, January 15, 2010

Caution: Enter at Your Own Risk



I admit I'm a certified nut case. Facebook on...Facebook deactivated...Facebook on. Followers on...Followers off...Followers on...Followers off. Catch my drift?


OK, so after having been asked by a reader to put my Followers gadget on and then never seeing her add herself to it I figured, why have it sitting there mocking me and driving me crazy? As with commenters and lurkers, no one seems to attach themselves and let me know that they're there. I know they are but I must be extremely intimidating or something because people just won't speak up!


So, with that said, the Followers are off. You can bookmark me or something. I'm finding following the crowd is chafing me as badly now as it did almost 38 years ago when I graduated from high school. I am not a follower. I'm just a grumpy post-menopausal nincompoop venting my muse this morning.


And it's only 4:15 am.

7 comments:

Donna said...

I took my followers widget off because it was somehow messing up my page, I forget now just how. There are much better ways of following a blog anyhow; I like Google reader.

Donna said...

Oh, and I see you have 40 following you on Google reader.

Wander to the Wayside said...

I sometimes 'pubicly' follow someone, but I usually keep track of who I'm following by putting them on my blog list. I do check my follower box occasionally to see if there's someone new that I've never seen before, or check out someone else's followers if I think they have an intriguing name. I just don't let it bother me that I have 25 followers and someone else has 125.

Linda said...

I thought I was reading a description of myself! I am so not into "herd mentality" and usually don't like people who are.

Betty said...

I wish they had a like button here, then I´d "like" your post! :)

Dori said...

Out of the blue this week I've had two people ask me if I'd put the followers gadget up. As politely as I could, I said no. I just can't get past the word--follower. Blagh. I wish I could get the thing turned off of my dashboard so I don't even have to look at it.

Jeanie said...

It is a bit like high school sometimes. Do it for you, Kris, the way you want. There is only so much time for reading, writing, following, lurking, etc. Keep it simple and have fun.